cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Frozen screen add account

My computer screen popped up a box to add an account while I was working in the screen to add banking transactions I downloaded from the bank. Any idea how to get it to go away. Nothing works....

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Frozen screen add account

Hello there, @btevelde.

It's nice to have you here in the Community. I'm here to help check the popped up message you've received while working with QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

You'll receive a pop up message when you fill in an account name that is not listed in the Chart of Accounts. Make sure to select the correct account, while working with your banking transactions.

If you've selected the correct account and the same thing happens, I'd suggest repairing your QBDT. For the detailed steps and instructions, you can check this article: Fix QuickBooks Desktop (Windows).

You can also get in touch with our QuickBooks Support Team to check and investigate this further for you. For the support's contact information and open hours:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Let me know if you have any other banking and QuickBooks concerns by adding a comment below. I'll be right here to help you!