cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved

How do I change the default bank account in the "Transactions" Banking tab?

now it is linked to the Savings account, not the main checking account
Best answer 10-15-2018 06:14 PM

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hello there popeb, Thanks for visiting Community! Curren...

Hello there popeb,

Thanks for visiting Community!

Currently, QuickBooks Online doesn’t set a default bank account although it will remember the bank account used on a transaction.

It will default to the first bank account listed on the Chart of Accounts. You can select the preferred bank account on your next transaction so it will populate automatically for your future transactions.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

3 Comments
Not applicable

Hello there popeb, Thanks for visiting Community! Curren...

Hello there popeb,

Thanks for visiting Community!

Currently, QuickBooks Online doesn’t set a default bank account although it will remember the bank account used on a transaction.

It will default to the first bank account listed on the Chart of Accounts. You can select the preferred bank account on your next transaction so it will populate automatically for your future transactions.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Experienced Member

Re: Hello there popeb, Thanks for visiting Community! Curren...

Not being able to have a default bank for checks and deposits is awful and dumb.  I may have to go back to Quickbooks desktop!!!!  Online QB's needs some updating don't you think?

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: Hello there popeb, Thanks for visiting Community! Curren...

Hi there, @dopaxton.

Please allow me to help share information about defaulting bank account for checks and deposits in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

Yes,currently, QBO doesn't set a default bank account for check and deposits. However, you may turn on the Pre-fill forms with previously entered content in the Account and Settings to remember the chosen bank.

1. Go to the Gear icon.
  2. Select Account and Settings.
  3. Click on Advanced from the left pane.
  4. Under the Automation section, put a check-mark on Pre-fill forms with previously entered content.
  5. Click Save.
  6. Click Done.

Once done, the bank previously chosen will be remembered by QuickBooks.

For you reference, you may check this article: How to use auto-recall to pre-fill transactions.

Feel free to add a comment below if you have any other QuickBooks or banking concerns. I'll be happy to help you!