cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMT2
Level 1

How do I import CC transactions that are older than 5 months?

My bank does not allow me to manually download CC transactions older than 5 months of data.  How do I import CC transactions into QB Premier prior to this date? 

Solved
Best answer November 27, 2018

Best Answers
RenjolynC
QuickBooks Team

Hi AMT2,

You can use the WebConnect (.QBO) feature to import the transactions in QuickBooks. The (.QBO) files can be downloaded from your bank's website and saved it on your computer.

Then, follow these steps to import the WebConnect file:

1. Click File located in the upper left-hand corner.
  2. Select Utilities, and choose Import, then Web Connect Files.
  3. Select the .QBO file saved on your computer, and then click Open.
  4. When prompted to Select Bank Account, choose: Use an existing QuickBooks account if the account you are importing the transactions into is already set up in QuickBooks. Otherwise, click the Create a new QuickBooks account.
  5. Click Continue and a dialogue box show up telling you that the data has been successfully read into QuickBooks.
  6. Click OK.

Once done, go to the Bank Feeds Center and review your transactions.

You can also check this article for more information: Import WebConnect (.qbo) Files.

If there's anything else you need help with QuickBooks, please let me know. Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
RenjolynC
QuickBooks Team

Hi AMT2,

You can use the WebConnect (.QBO) feature to import the transactions in QuickBooks. The (.QBO) files can be downloaded from your bank's website and saved it on your computer.

Then, follow these steps to import the WebConnect file:

1. Click File located in the upper left-hand corner.
  2. Select Utilities, and choose Import, then Web Connect Files.
  3. Select the .QBO file saved on your computer, and then click Open.
  4. When prompted to Select Bank Account, choose: Use an existing QuickBooks account if the account you are importing the transactions into is already set up in QuickBooks. Otherwise, click the Create a new QuickBooks account.
  5. Click Continue and a dialogue box show up telling you that the data has been successfully read into QuickBooks.
  6. Click OK.

Once done, go to the Bank Feeds Center and review your transactions.

You can also check this article for more information: Import WebConnect (.qbo) Files.

If there's anything else you need help with QuickBooks, please let me know. Thanks.

AMT2
Level 1

Correct-- I was able to easily download the bank files that were less than 5 month old on the website by importing them as QBO files.  However, that was not my question. 

My question was how to download files that are NO LONGER available on the bank website.  The transactions I need are from May & June (over 5 months ago), which are no longer accessible on the site.  How do I import these transactions into QB if they are not available as downloads?  Manually enter them on the Registry one by one? 

Renjo
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to me, AMT2.

In this case, I'd recommend contacting your bank to check if they can provide the bank files older than 5 months. 

If not, then you will have to manually enter the transactions in QuickBooks. 

Please let me know if there's anything else you need.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the bank offers other types of download, then you may be able to import that data, once modified.

For example, if you can download your history in CSV or Excel format, then you can use our BRC IIF Transaction Creator Pro  to convert it to an IIF file for import directly into your Credit Card account register.

MillerPHAC
Level 1

When I do this, I get a pop up box that says, "There are no new transactions available."  Why would I be seeing this when I know that those older transactions are not in my QB Desktop Pro.

Catherine_B
QuickBooks Team

There are a few reasons why you get the error when importing a WebConnect file, MillerPHAC.

It's possible that the date range you imported is incorrect or overlapped. If you've imported transactions for August 1-30, let's make sure that the next file to download starts with September 1 and so on. 

This happens when: 

• The Web Connect file don't have any new transactions.
  • The transactions have already been imported.
  • Your Web Connect (.QBO) statement covers dates previously imported into the company file.
  • Your QuickBooks company file may be damaged.

I have a reference here that have other solutions on how to resolve the "No new transactions" error when importing web connect file

Please let me know if you need anything else. I got you covered!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us