- From the left menu, select Banking then Rules.
- Select New rule to open the Rule window.
- Enter a name in the Rule name field.
- From the For drop-down, choose Money in or Money out.
- From the In drop-down, choose the bank or credit card account.
- Set the rule conditions, specifying whether the transaction must meet All or Any of the conditions. You can add up to 5 lines.
- To reduce the need for multiple rules, you can create rules with Or so that transactions are edited when they meet any of the outlined conditions. To use the Or function, you must specify When a transaction meets any of these conditions then select Add line.
- In the Conditions fields, specify whether the rule applies to Bank text, Description, or Amount, then identify the content the transaction Contains, Doesn't contain, or Is exactly for the rule to apply.
- Select the settings for the rule, specifying the Transaction type, Payee, and the Category to apply.
- You can select the Trash bin icon to remove a condition.
- Select Save.