cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

I deleted a reconciled check. I have re-entered it but it does not show in the register or affect my reconciled balance. How do i get this check entered properly?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: I deleted a reconciled check. I have re-entered it but it does not show in the register or af...

I've got you covered, briancliffordcol.

It's my priority that you're able to enter this check, so I'd be happy to lend you a hand in taking care of this.

To clarify, where did you check your reconciled balance? Do you go to the Reconciliation page to check your current beginning balance (ending balance of the previous reconciliation) or just in the bank register?

If you checked the Reconciliation page, then the most likely reason why you can't see it in the register is that it may be using the wrong date. That being said, a quick way to find it is to use the Search Tool. Here's how:

1. Click the Search (magnifying glass) icon at the top right.
  2. In the search field, you can enter the vendor's Name, Address, or Amount to find it.
    - If you recently entered it, then you should be able to find it in the Recent Transactions section.
  3. Select the check once you've found it.
  4. When the transaction is open, make the necessary changes and click Save and close.

However, if it's the latter, you could still follow these steps to locate the check and make the corrections. But, you'll need to manually reconcile it to make sure that the Beginning Balance of your next reconciliation would be correct.

1. Click Accounting in the left navigation menu.
  2. Locate the bank account where you entered the check.
  3. From the Action column, select View Register.
  4. In the Reconcile Status (indicated by an ✓ icon) column, repeatedly click the field until it shows the Reconciled "R" status.
  5. Click Save.

All of this information and more is available in our guide on how to Manually clear, unclear, reconcile, or unreconcile transactions. Lastly, please be sure to consult your accountant before following these steps. this is to ensure that there will be no discrepancies to your books.

That should do it. Please stay in touch if there's anything else I can do for you. Thanks for reaching out, wishing you and your business all the best!