cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member
Solved

I processed a refund through Quickbooks Payments direct to her credit card on file. Now I get a warning that not all transactions were deposited. How do I reconcile this?

Original payment was 120.00 and a sales receipt was recorded. I needed to refund her 60.00. I issued a refund using Quickbooks Payments against her credit card on file. Quickbooks tells me I cannot "deposit" an amount less than 0. Thank you.
Best answer 06-14-2019

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: I processed a refund through Quickbooks Payments direct to her credit card on file. Now I get...

Hi there, jfriddle.

Are you getting a negative amount when making a bank deposit?

If so, you can create a journal entry to move the funds from Undeposited Funds to the bank account. Then, group the journal entry with the payments to create a $0 deposit and remove the payment from Undeposited Funds. Here's how:

1. Click the Plus (+) icon and select Journal Entry.
  2. Enter all other information such as Date and Journal No.
  3. Select Undeposited Funds from the drop-down list in the Account column.
  4. Enter the amount of the deposit in the Debits column.
  5. Proceed to the second distribution line, then select the appropriate bank account in the drop-down list under the Account column.
  6. Enter the amount of the deposit In the Credits column.
  7. Click Save.

Once done, open this article and follow the steps in the Group the Journal Entry with the Payments section: How To Resolve Negative Deposits

However, if you're seeing the message in your Merchant account, please contact our QuickBooks Payments support so they can take a look at this.

Please go to this link and look for QuickBooks Online Payments & Merchant Service Center section to group them together: https://community.intuit.com/browse/payments-contact-us.

Visit us again in the Community if you have other questions. 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: I processed a refund through Quickbooks Payments direct to her credit card on file. Now I get...

Hi there, jfriddle.

Are you getting a negative amount when making a bank deposit?

If so, you can create a journal entry to move the funds from Undeposited Funds to the bank account. Then, group the journal entry with the payments to create a $0 deposit and remove the payment from Undeposited Funds. Here's how:

1. Click the Plus (+) icon and select Journal Entry.
  2. Enter all other information such as Date and Journal No.
  3. Select Undeposited Funds from the drop-down list in the Account column.
  4. Enter the amount of the deposit in the Debits column.
  5. Proceed to the second distribution line, then select the appropriate bank account in the drop-down list under the Account column.
  6. Enter the amount of the deposit In the Credits column.
  7. Click Save.

Once done, open this article and follow the steps in the Group the Journal Entry with the Payments section: How To Resolve Negative Deposits

However, if you're seeing the message in your Merchant account, please contact our QuickBooks Payments support so they can take a look at this.

Please go to this link and look for QuickBooks Online Payments & Merchant Service Center section to group them together: https://community.intuit.com/browse/payments-contact-us.

Visit us again in the Community if you have other questions.