cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Visit this post for a list of recent banking issues in QuickBooks Online.
Argus Labs
Level 1

In banking transaction, it is not showing MATCH button only showing ADD button.

I have received payment from multiple vendor in my foreign currency account. It is appearing in Banking --> For Review, but when I click on that transaction I see only button Add and there is no button Match. I need to match this payment necessarily.

Solved
Best answer January 25, 2019

Accepted Solutions
EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

Hi Argus Labs

Currently as the Quickbooks can not see a match when there are multiple currencies involved,unfortunately we have no current knowledge of any updates in how this behaves. It would be a case of manually allocating the transaction outside of the banking page and then excluding from the baking page in the mean time.

Kind regards

Emma

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
EdwardR
QuickBooks Team

Hello and welcome to the Community Argus Labs,

I can certainly help with the matching of your foreign currency transactions.

The transactions should allow to match as long as all criteria match such as currency, date and amount. If you can please include a screenshot of the transaction you are trying to match and the bank transactions we can look into why this may not link correctly.

Thanks,

EdwardR
QuickBooks Team

Can you please also include a full screenshot of the transaction which you need to match.

Thanks,

Argus Labs
Level 1

Actually it's about 300 transactions and they are almost identical. I will attach a few more transaction for example.

EdwardR
QuickBooks Team

Can I please confirm the transactions which you are trying to match are these the same currency?

Thanks,

Argus Labs
Level 1

Our local currency is USD. Bank account is in EUR and invoice that I try to match is in GBP (1 and 2 image), 3 image is in USD.

ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Hello Argus Labs,

The Find match option is unavailable when matching a foreign currency bank account. For now, it is working as designed.

Our engineers are already aware of this and are working on a feature enhancement.

I'd still encourage sending feedback. Our Developers update QBO based on the customer's suggestions/requests. Go to Gear, and then Feedback.

We're always here if you need help with anything else.

Argus Labs
Level 1

Thank you for your answer. But actually what we have do to now? How to solve what problem now? We can't wait long. If it would last long, we will think about changing QuickBooks to another program.

EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

Hi Argus Labs

Currently as the Quickbooks can not see a match when there are multiple currencies involved,unfortunately we have no current knowledge of any updates in how this behaves. It would be a case of manually allocating the transaction outside of the banking page and then excluding from the baking page in the mean time.

Kind regards

Emma

mistopher
Level 1

I am encountering the same problem and some detailed instructions for manual reconciliation would be helpful.

I would add that this is an essential feature and it is very disappointing that QBO falls apart where more than one currency is involved.

To Argus Labs - I would switch to Xero, handles multiple currencies easily and we will certainly be switching at the end of our current financial year.

MaryLurleenM

You can manually reconcile the transactions, mistopher.

Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Select Chart of Accounts.
  3. Locate the account for the transactions.
  4. Select View Register from the Action column.
  5. Identify the transaction to edit.
  6. In the reconcile status column, repeatedly click the top line of the transaction to change the status to - reconciled.
  7. Save.

Please feel free to leave a comment below if you need any further assistance.

braykart
Level 1

I'm not sure this totally applies here but we have found that when the match button doesn't appear, the invoice payment was sometimes inadvertently received in the wrong currency bank account. Check the Payment record and make sure the right bank account is selected for the payment. Switch it to the correct account and the Match button will appear.

We sell in USD and CDN and utilize USD and CDN bank accounts. We have seen this appear a couple of times and it was just the wrong bank account matched to the invoice payment currency.

Kyle

dsouzapatricia15
Level 1

Any idea when this feature will be added to QuickBooks online?

MaryLandT

Matching transactions with different currencies isn't an option, dsouzapatricia15.

Hence, you're unable to use this feature to match bank transactions. As a workaround, you can delete and re-create the transaction with the home currency. Then, manually match it with your downloaded transaction.

On the other hand, you can also create a new wash account and then deposit the amount of your transaction with a different currency. Once done, you'll have to transfer the amounts to your bank account.

Here's how:

1. Click +New.
  2. Under Other, select Transfer.
  3. Choose your wash account and your bank account.
  4. Enter the amounts.
  5. Click Save and close.

In addition, here's an article you can read to learn more about recording a bank transfer: Transfer Funds Between Accounts.

You can also browse this guide for additional information on how multicurrency works in QuickBooks: About Multicurrency

Don't hesitate to post again if you have additional questions about matching bank transactions. I'll be right here to guide you.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us