cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NealRM
Level 4

Is it possible to turn off the warning about editing a downloaded transaction?

7 Comments 7
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @NealRM.

Allow me to share some information about turning off the warning message when editing downloaded transactions in QuickBooks Online.

QuickBooks ensures that your transactions will be recorded accurately, this is the reason why warnings will prompt every time you make changes on your transactions. That said, being able to turn off the warnings is not an option for us.

However, you can set up bank rules for your online banking. Doing this will automatically add your transaction depending on the rule that you're going to set to avoid editing the downloaded transactions. 

To learn more about bank rules and how it works in QuickBooks Online, please refer to these links:

If you need assistance with setting up bank rules, feel free to get in touch with our Customer Care Team. They have the ability to run a remote viewing session that will guide you through the process.

I'd also encourage you to visit our QuickBooks Online Blog to be updated with our latest news and product improvements.

This information should get you going today.

Please know that I'm just a reply away should you need anything else you need with QuickBooks Online. I'd be happy to help. Wishing you well.

NealRM
Level 4

You don't need to "Share" information about warnings, I know what warning are. 

That said, I don't need to be repeated warned because I am changing a date to make it match my bank statement. 

**Response to the tone of your reply removed ***

taxesrita
Level 2

I agree

Please give us the option to turn off these warnings, like we can for class tracking, in Quickbooks Online Accountant. We are aware of the dangers of touching downloaded / reconciled transactions, and don't need to be warned every time when editing a few thousand transactions to reconcile for year end.

Thanks!

MirriamM

I appreciate your input from every angle, @taxesrita

I understand how the workflow you're looking for is beneficial to your business. To ensure your voice is heard, I can pass another feedback about this. For the time being, you can visit our blog and sign up to our Newsletter. This way, you’ll receive email updates about changes in the product. Our developers get inspiration from customers, so your voice makes a huge impact.

If you need tips in the future, visit our QuickBooks Help Articles site. 

Please get back to me if you have additional questions. I'm more than happy to answer it for you. Have a great day!

Knowledgetier
Level 2

Has this Crap ever been fixed ?  

I don't think whoever created this feature has a clue about accounting

sabco2000
Level 1

IMHO: the administration of the QuickBooks community seems to reward participants for their contribution, no matter the relevance or quality. So many are eager to participate to get "Kudos" that too many post replies that are off-topic, or do not respond to the question directly, or bloat their response, all to rank among "MVP" or improve their job standing. I have noticed frequent dissatisfaction for answers from participants in this forum.

AlexBoston
Level 1

We don't need to be treated like children.  

Please do not patronize us and don't waste our time. 

The option to switch off the warning is a must. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us