cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marlinspike
Level 2

Is it safe to delete matched transactions from the "Downloaded Transactions" window that have been recorded?

I've downloaded transactions from my bank for a few years and have religiously added them to the requisite register using the "Add One" and "Add Multiple" buttons in the "Downloaded Transactions" window.  The process is now getting to be exceedingly slow now and I suspect it is related to all the transactions that I have downloaded and added in the past few years.  I'm thinking of selecting all the matched transactions in this window and deleting them.  Will that be an issue?  Will it affect all the transactions that have already been recorded?  Will it improve performance?

Solved
Best answer February 16, 2019

Best Answers
IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Is it safe to delete matched transactions from the "Downloaded Transactions" window that have been recorded?

Right - you can delete them after matching. In fact it will slow down processing if you keep a huge number of them.  When first running it there is a dialog that asks if you always want to delete them after matching. I always choose yes. 

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Rose-A

Thanks for checking in with us, Marlinspike.

Allow me to provide some information about downloaded transactions in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.

To answer your question, yes, deleting transactions that are already matched can affect your bank account in the register.

You may want to check the minimum system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/QuickBooks-Desktop-system-requirements/td-p/....

You may find this article helpful: Resolve QuickBooks Desktop performance issues: Manage your computers.

Once you verify that you meet the system requirements and still getting the same issue, you can call our dedicated team who will be happy to assist you. Our contact details can be found here along with our opening hours.

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

I'm always here if you have more questions about downloaded transactions. Have a great day.

SkinnyRaven
Level 8

I always delete the downloaded transactions once the matching process is completed.

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Right - you can delete them after matching. In fact it will slow down processing if you keep a huge number of them.  When first running it there is a dialog that asks if you always want to delete them after matching. I always choose yes. 

Marlinspike
Level 2

Thanks a bunch!  I see the alert now that I have checked the "Show Matched" transactions.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us