cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Solved

Is there a way to stop the Payment Reference in Make Payment to a supplier being auto populated? Mine has SHAHDHG-40 using something else doesn't work as back it comes

Best answer a week ago

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there a way to stop the Payment Reference in Make Payment to a supplier being auto populat...

Hi and thanks for your reply Talia.

Clearing the cache and cookies in my browser is one of the things I have done already.  What I have noticed is if I use BACS1 as the payment reference then BACS2 is the next one.  Annoying but I can live with that.

4 REPLIES 4
QuickBooks Team

Re: Is there a way to stop the Payment Reference in Make Payment to a supplier being auto populat...

Hello William

Are you using QuickBooks Online? If you are if you delete out the reference completely and leave it blank it should allow you to save with no reference in.

If you are using QuickBooks Desktop or if this does not work for you let us know

Thanks

Emma

Hi and thanks for your suggestion.  I am using QB Online.

I can delete it and it will pay without the reference (which is exactly what I am doing) but the infuriating thing is the same unwanted reference comes back for the next payment.  I'd even be happy if I could replace the unwanted reference with BACS and stick with that.  QB chat support has told me this is my company reference and therefore can't be changed.  I've told them that is rubbish as it is an invoice number from one of my suppliers and if I accidentally use it then the next payment reference will +1.

QuickBooks Team

Hello,

Could you please try clearing the cache and cookies in your browser? You may need to search how to do this on your specific browser. Once you have cleared this, refresh QuickBooks, log back in and let us know if you experience the same issue. It may be that this reference is saved within your cached files.

Thanks,

Talia

Hi and thanks for your reply Talia.

Clearing the cache and cookies in my browser is one of the things I have done already.  What I have noticed is if I use BACS1 as the payment reference then BACS2 is the next one.  Annoying but I can live with that.