cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Visit this post for a list of recent banking issues in QuickBooks Online.
SAMPG
Level 2

Link to RBS bank account

Hi, can I ask if anyone has had issues with the automtaic update of transactions form an RBS bank account? This simply stopped working for me over a week ago and neither QBO or RBS can explain why. RBS just say they don't support any third party software accessing their customer accounts. There must be other QBO users with RBS banka ccounts and I'm wondering if this is a widespread issue? It's a pretty key bit of functionality for me so I need to find a solution or to change supplier(s). Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
PaulBx
Level 1

Link to RBS bank account

yes, exactly same problem, no help from RBS nor any explanation. I thought it was a Mac interface prob so switched to my old Windows laptop..but same result. Though I CAN access my RBS account thru Windows..but it seems Qb cannot./  really annoying.

SAMPG
Level 2

Link to RBS bank account

Yes, really annoying. I must have spent nearly 2hrs on Friday on various web chats (with QBO) or on hold with RBS.  Am thinking my only option now is to manually import records using a .CSV export form the bank account. Clearly that adds time; it's really frustrating given that it has all worked okay for the past 18 months or so. 

EmilyMockett
Level 7

Link to RBS bank account

Hi SamPG,

Unfortunately RBS does not work within QuickBooks Online currently. I think they are doing updates at the moment. You could change your bank provider (I would recommend Barclays or Santander - do not choose HSBC!).

Alternatively you can upload CSV files manually however this has a lot of room for error in regards to duplications.

Kind Regards,

Emily

EstherY

Link to RBS bank account

Hi @SAMPG, @PaulBx,

We are aware of a connection issue between RBS and QuickBooks Online, and we're actively working to resolve it. If you urgently need the transactions to continue with your work, I'd recommend uploading your transactions via CSV import

I appreciate that the issue has been ongoing for a while and it could have been dealt with more efficiently. I've followed up with our teams to ensure that we get an update and fix as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience, I'll keep you posted as we go along.

dfrtyj564h4wter
Level 1

Link to RBS bank account

RBS has always worked with QBO!  I think it's more of a temporary issue.  With the recent court ruling, RBS have just changed all their login URLs so I'd imagine this may very well be linked.

Jay

AshH
QuickBooks Team

Link to RBS bank account

Hi dfrtyj564h4wter.

You are absolutely right, we do connect with RBS but have been having a few technical issues. As soon as we have any update we will be sure to let you know.

In the mean time, if there is anything else I can help with, let me know :)

Need to get in touch?

Contact us