cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Lost 2 credit card bank feeds and I can't reinstate. Qbooks says I am already signed up with them. When I go to account there is no bank info. on account?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Lost 2 credit card bank feeds and I can't reinstate. Qbooks says I am already signed up with ...

Thanks for dropping by the Online Community, mikewilk.

Since this is your first question, so let me welcome you to the QuickBooks family. I can help ensure you can connect the credit cards smoothly.

Before proceeding, I need some information as to why the bank doesn’t have any information. Did you try to disconnect it?

While I wait for your reply, you'll have to contact the financial institution and check how they send the downloaded transactions. This is to ensure the credit cards are properly setup in QuickBooks.

If they download to only one account, you can connect the main one. If it’s to the individual accounts, link the sub-accounts.

Once you have the information handy, make sure to enter the credit card details in your account. Let me walk you through the step by step process.

To create a parent account:

1. In your QBO company, go to the Gear icon at the top.
  2. Choose Chart of Accounts.
  3. In the upper right-hand corner, click on the New button.
  4. Under Account Type, click on the drop-down and select Credit Card.
  5. In the Detail Type section, select the correct type.
  6. Fill in the necessary fields.
  7. Click on Save and Close.

To add a sub-account:

1. In the upper right hand, select  Gear icon at the top and choose Chart of Accounts.
  2. In the upper right-hand corner, click on the New button.
  3. Under Account Type, click on the drop-down and select Credit Card.
  4. In the Detail Type section, select the correct one.
  5. Fill in the necessary fields.
  6. Mark the box for Is sub-account.
  7. Click on Save and Close.
I'm adding a link to help give you a better idea on how to set up a bank or credit card subaccount.

After following these steps, you can now reinstate the accounts' connection. For detailed instructions, follow the steps on this article: Connect and add bank and credit card accounts to QuickBooks Online.

There you go. The credit cards should now be connected in QuickBooks.

Let me know what the results are after following the resolution steps. I want to make sure this is taken care of.