cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Contributor *

Matching multiple transactions

I have multiple bank feed transactions that I need to match to one quickbooks transaction; however, when I select "match to existing transaction" from the action dropdown menu I cannot select both transactions.  How can I do this? 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Matching multiple transactions

Hello there, EmilyJane58.

Let's get this straightened out for you.

There are few possible reasons why you're unable to match transactions in QuickBooks Desktop. Among these are the following:

• It’s brand new. The transaction does not exist in QuickBooks.
  • It’s different. The transaction in QuickBooks may have a different transaction number, amount, date or payee from the downloaded transaction.
  • It’s Reconciled. A reconciled transaction will not be tagged as matched.
  • It’s already downloaded. There are duplicate statements or transactions may be imported and produce unexpected results.

If you happen to be experiencing one of these scenarios, this article will definitely help you resolve each of those scenarios (scroll down to How QuickBooks handles the downloaded transactions): Add and match Bank Feed transactions.

In case you need help from a live support, feel free to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Support​. They'll be able to guide you through the whole process.

Here's how you can contact our phone support:

1. ​Sign in to your QuickBooks Desktop company.​
  2. Select QuickBooks Help.
  3. Click Contact us.

If there's anything else I can help you with processing updating QuickBooks, just let me know. I'm always happy to help.