cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

NEST contribution file upload

I have joined employees into NEST pension scheme.I can see the file in employee section.How do I upload this to NEST?

5 REPLIES 5
QuickBooks Team

Hi theoaks2011,   I can certainly help you with this.   T...

Hi theoaks2011,

I can certainly help you with this.

To upload the contributions file to NEST, you will first need to download this from QuickBooks Online. How you do this will depend on whether you are using Paysuite or QuickBooks Payroll. You can identify which option you have by clicking into Employees from the left navigation tab and checking to see if you see Paysuite in the top right of the Employees screen.

If you use Paysuite, you will find the contributions excel file by clicking into the Reports tab. To export the pension contributions file, simply change the pay period to the desired period you wish to export and click on the Excel symbol to export the file.

If you use QuickBooks Payroll, follow the steps below to access the contributions file.

1. Sign in to QuickBooks Online.
  2. Select Reports.
  3. Select All reports.
  4. Select Payroll Reports.
  5. Select the Workplace Pension option.
  6. Under Workplace Pension, select Run.
  7. Select whether you want to view the report for the tax year, which will show all reports by pay date for the tax year, or the current month.
  8. As you are using NEST as the Pension Provider, you will 3 reports. You need to select the NEST Contribution report to export this.

The pension reports are available in CSV format. It is important that you do not open the CSV files before sending them to your pension provider. If you open the report, the information might be corrupted and might not upload successfully. If you have mistakenly opened the CSV file, go back and download it again.

Let me know if you need anything further. 

Experienced Member

Re: Hi theoaks2011, I can certainly help you with this. T...

This generates a generic contributions file in Paysuite. This does not load into NEST

QuickBooks Team

Hi Sabotcastle,

Where the file does not upload into nest (Often due to changes in the requirements of NESTs uploads) - NEST provide you with a template that you can copy and paste the columns over.

Alternatively, you can take the figures in the report, and use this to fill in on nests website using the contributions calculator tool.

On the back of this post, I've fed back to our payroll team about the contributions file needing updating.

Thanks,

Hi there, the contributions files have still not been updated to work with NEST. Please can you make this happen? or at least allow us to download a single contribution report that covers a month period?

Many thanks

QuickBooks Team

Hi The Raven Hotel

There are no immediate plans to amend the existing software package that will allow you to upload the contributions files to NEST. There is a new payroll software that has a pension sync facility which enables you to upload directly to the provider. This software however is in the testing/Beta status and therefore there is no telephone support only email support and you would have to contact our telephone support team if you would like to be switched over to the new software.