cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Solved

PC Financial Mastercard - can't create account at all, so can't import

I understand that PC Financial and Intuit are at odds over connecting online to get transaction data. PC Financial customer support is noncommittal about making it work, but says they appreciate knowing it's a wanted feature.

I figured I could import CSV files into Quickbooks Self-Employed (Canada). Problem is, I can't create the account to import to. PC Financial doesn't come up in the bank/credit card list when I go to add the account. Because I can't add the account, I can't import transactions. I haven't found a way to create a generic offline-only dummy account as a kludge. I'm stuck.

Ideas?

Best answer 03-24-2019 12:07 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: PC Financial Mastercard - can't create account at all, so can't import

Hello there, bigasssuperstar.

Since the bank is not connected, the option to import the transactions under a specific account is unavailable. I'll go ahead and send feedback for creating an account to import bank data. For now, let's import your data under Cash Account.

Here's how:

1. Select Imports.
  2. Click Import older transactions on the right side for Cash Account
  3. Follow the instructions onscreen to finish importing your data.
  4. Select Import.

Please let me know if you need anything else. 

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, bigasssuperstar.

Since the bank is not connected, the option to import the transactions under a specific account is unavailable. I'll go ahead and send feedback for creating an account to import bank data. For now, let's import your data under Cash Account.

Here's how:

1. Select Imports.
  2. Click Import older transactions on the right side for Cash Account
  3. Follow the instructions onscreen to finish importing your data.
  4. Select Import.

Please let me know if you need anything else. 

Thank you. I will try this as an interim solution. I hope PC & Intuit can work something out -- I've already let PC know that I'm moving much of my purchasing to another credit card until a workable solution is available.