cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

PayPal not showing in Banking Feed + transactions not downloading

PayPal is set up as a checking account in my chart of accounts, but it does not show up in my Banking page .  I have 6 accounts which do show, just not this one.  How do I get it to appear like all of my other bank accounts? 

In addition, the sync to the PayPal account stopped on Aug 30th and I cannot get additional transactions to download, although I have "reconnected" the account several times. 

These are separate and unrelated issues as the first issue preceded the second issue.  

Please help!

11 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: PayPal not showing in Banking Feed + transactions not downloading

Thank you for checking in with us, @cisvjax.

I'm here to lend a helping hand in syncing your PayPal account into QuickBooks Online.

At this time, we haven't received similar issues reported. There are three ways to connect with PayPal to your QuickBooks Online. If Bank feeds don't work for you, you can try to sync with PayPal app with your QuickBooks Online account. You can get this app at apps.intuit.com, or via Apps tab in your QuickBooks Online.

Here's how:

1. Login to your QuickBooks Online account
  2. Select Apps from the left menu.
  3. Select Find Apps, then enter Paypal into the search bar.
  4. From the choices, choose Sync with PayPal.
  5. Select Get App Now in the upper right.
  6. Choose the appropriate answer to the question, then select Next.
  7. Select Connect to Paypal, then choose Let's do it.
  8. Follow the remaining steps to connect and set up the app settings to your choice.

For more details, check out this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Apps/Sync-with-PayPal-First-time-setup/m-p/186330#M23. Also, you may find this article helpful: Differences between Sync with PayPal app, PayPal Bank Feeds and the all-new Connect to PayPal app.

You'll be back to business in no time. Keep me posted if there's anything else you need. Take care.

Experienced Member

Hi @RoseMarjorieA  

I had already tried this solution - trying to resync my account and also loading the app.  Nothing has changed.  

My Paypal was synced and working but stopped on August 30th.  No explanation for why this suddenly stopped.  It is very frustrating to say the least.  I'd like to call Intuit for help, but cannot find a support number anywhere on this site.  Please advise.  

QuickBooks Team

Greetings, @cisvjax.

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know you tried out the steps I previously sent. I'd be glad to help point you in the right direction.

Since the troubleshooting steps that I've provided didn't work, I'd recommend contacting our QuickBooks Online Support so they can review your account. Agents have the necessary tools, like screen-sharing to get you back up and running.

You can get our most-up-to-date contact number here: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Get-help-with-QuickBooks-Online/m-p/185932.

I wish you continued success with your business. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Experienced Member

I am having the same problem. My Paypal has not updated in 22 days. I have tried logging in again and using different browsers. 

My accountant in a different country is also not able to update my Paypal on his computer. 

QuickBooks Team

Hello, emwhy.

I'm here to help and provide you with some information regarding the PayPal account updating issue.

PayPal users attempting to update their account are unable to show downloaded transactions in QuickBooks Online bank feeds. Our Online Banking Team is actively partnering with PayPal to resolve this issue.

As much as we’d like to provide you a workaround so you can update your bank transactions, using our WebConnect feature isn’t recommended since it’ll most likely cause duplicates after downloaded.

I'd recommend reaching out to our QuickBooks Online Support so they can add your account information to the list of affected customers. Any progress will be communicated via email.

You can get our most-up-to-date contact number here:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online Company.
  2. Click (?) Help at the upper right corner.
  3. Select Contact US on the pop-up.
  4. Enter a brief description of your concern then hit Continue.
  5. Click Get a callback.
  6. Enter your contact information.
  7. Select Call me.

You may find this article helpful: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/How-to-add-or-edit-transactions-in-a-...

I appreciate your patience while this is being worked on. Please know that I'm just a post away should you need anything else. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.

Experienced Member

Hi, 

Any result in this yet?
What am i supposed to do to do my accounting? My Paypal hasn’t updated in 31 days. My main source of income is PayPal and most of my transactions are on PayPal so if you haven’t got the issue sorted i need some sort of alternative option?
Please advise.
Thanks
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, emwhy.

Our online banking team is still working their best to fix the issue with Paypal. Please contact our Customer Care team to have you included in the list of the affected users. This way, we can send you an email once the issue is resolved.

Here's how to contact them: 

1. Go to Help (question mark icon).
  2. Click Contact us.
  3. Enter a brief description of your concern in the How can we help? field and click Continue.
  4. Choose an option in reaching our live agent.

Thus, there are three ways of integrating Paypal in QuickBooks Online such as Sync with Paypal, Connect to Paypal and Paypal Bank Feeds. As an alternative, you can choose another way in connecting your Paypal with QuickBooks.

For more details, kindly check these articles: 

I'd be right here if you need anything else.  

Established Member

you've got to be kidding me. how can you have a product that has glitches with paypal? I'm having the same issue. Transactions stopped importing into quickbooks. what a joke, does this mean we don't have to pay since the service we are paying for is not working?

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hi batteryhookup,

I can assure you that our Online Banking team is working to resolve this issue. We'll post an update on this thread as soon as there's a progress in their investigation. You can also contact our phone or chart agents. That way, they can add your company information to the list of affected users.

In the meantime, you can manually enter your transactions to keep your books updated.

We're just around if you have other questions.

Established Member

Surely the list of affected users is virtually everyone!

Looking at the thread, this has been going on a long time.  As a brand new user, it has unnerved me slightly that such a simple (Industry standard) bank synchronisation is not working and has not been fixed after many weeks.

I switched from a competitive product in April and this feels like I've gone backwards.

QuickBooks Team

I understand this issue needs to have a resolution as soon as possible, @ibatey. Our Product Team is doing all the best they can to get this fixed.

While they haven't resolved this unexpected behavior yet, I'm here to help provide you with the most recent information.

Our engineers have not seen any change to the current experience at this time and our next update is scheduled on May 6, 2019. 

Please bear with us while we're working for the resolution. 

Should you need anything else, or if you have other questions about your PayPal transactions, don't hesitate to let me know. I'll be here to help however I can.