cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

QB allows me to 'inactive' some incorrect COA info imported but not all of it. I'd ended up with duplicated COA #'s if I import the corrected COA info. Any guidance?

Needed import as a CSV file.  My computer automatically downloaded it as 'whatever'.  Found error after importing into QB.  Need help rectifying the incorrect import with correct import, please?
1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: QB allows me to 'inactive' some incorrect COA info imported but not all of it. I'd ended up w...

Hello there, @lee-a-jury.

With QuickBooks Online, you have the ability to organize your account information based on your preference. Let me furnish you with resources on how you can manage your imported Chart of  Accounts.

While there's no way to completely delete an account from your Chart of Accounts, you can opt to make this account with zero balance as inactive. This way, it will be hidden from your Chart of Accounts list.

Here’s how :

1. Go to the Gear icon.
  2. Select Chart of Accounts.
  3. Find the account you wish to make inactive.
  4. In the Action column, choose the drop-down, then Delete.
  5. When asked if you want to delete, click Yes.

delete account.PNG delete account 2.PNG

Please note there are accounts created by the program depending on your company setup which you cannot delete nor make it inactive. For additional insights, you may check out this article: Delete special and default accounts in the Chart of Accounts.

Keep in touch with us here in the Community if you have other questions about importing chart of accounts in QuickBooks Online. I'm always here to help.