cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

QBO not syncing with Citibank account for past 2 days - error 189

Quickbooks isn't updating both of my accounts from Citibank business checking, and says to re-enter account information after 3-5 days.  It gives me error 189, and I can't find any information about this.  Does anyone know what the issue is with bank connectivity?  My AmEx credit card is syncing fine.

Thank you!

1 Comment

Re: QBO not syncing with Citibank account for past 2 days - error 189

Thanks for bringing this concern to my attention, @mj25.

I'm here to provide some details about the error 189 that you received upon updating your Citibank account in QuickBooks Online.

We currently have an ongoing issue wherein customers receives an error 189 when updating their account. Our engineers are diligently working to fix this matter in a timely manner.

For now, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team and provide the investigation number 32192 as the reference of your call. This way, you'll be added to the list of affected users and get notifications via email whenever there's progress about the issue.

Also, I'll be updating this thread once I receive updates from our engineers so you can get back to business.

Thank you for your patience while this has been worked on. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. Have a great day!