cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bperlman
Level 1

Quickbooks crashing

Hello - every time i import a .qbo file, quickbooks crashes.  This has never happened before, I've had some issues with QB crashing but not like this.  I am using QB for Mac 2016 and its fully up to date.  And I rebuilt the data file.  I've done all the trouble shooting I can think of.  Very frustrating!!!  Please advise - what can I do??????

5 Comments 5
ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Quickbooks crashing

Hi bperlman,

We can download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. This tool can help fix the crashing issue.

Here's how:

1. Click on this link QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool.
  2. When prompted, save the file to the local Desktop.
  3. Close any open programs and run the QBInstall Tool.
  4. Restart the computer after running the tool to ensure the components are properly updated.

This article is also a good reference: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/QuickBooks-Desktop-won-t-open-has-stopped-wo....

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

bperlman
Level 1

Quickbooks crashing

this is not a solution and doesn't work for Mac.  This is very frustrating and should be be happening.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quickbooks crashing

Hi there, bperlman,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. I can share an update about the crashing behavior of QuickBooks when importing .qbo files.

Our Support Team recently tagged this as an ongoing issue with QuickBooks Mac Desktop. They're already working to roll out a fix for this unexpected hitch. While our engineers are still investigating the cause of this problem, I'd recommend getting in touch with our QuickBooks Mac Support so you're added to our notification lists of affected users.

There they can provide you additional workarounds to complete your work temporarily. Here's how you can get them:

1. Open this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
  3. Click on the Company File menu.
  4. Scroll-down and click either Get Phone Number.

That 's it, bperlman. You can have our representatives add you to the investigation number INV-24949. Once added, you'll get live notifications when an update is available.

Please feel free to get in touch with me anytime if you need further assistance with QuickBooks. I'll be glad to work with you again. All the best!

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Quickbooks crashing

Hmm... I don't know of a particular crash issue with importing a .qbo file. More likely it is an issue with your data file. Try running File->Utilities->Rebuild and then try importing again and see if that corrects the issue.

If you have a lot of matched transactions in your download transactions window (like over a hundred) you could also try deleting them from the download transactions window.  They've already matched so the numbers are already in your register and you can safely remove them.

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Quickbooks crashing

Another thing to try is holding down the option key and choosing File->Close All Windows in QuickBooks. Maybe some other window is crashing as the transactions are being brought in?

Need to get in touch?

Contact us