cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Quickbooks has began creating a 2nd feed when i download bank transactions. plz help the call center can't.

In quickbooks I clicked on bank I want to connect to.  I connected to my bank via internet as I always do within QB.  I created a second feed instead of populating to original feed.  How do I undo this and stop from happening, it is the second time.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Quickbooks has began creating a 2nd feed when i download bank transactions. plz help the call...

It's great to have you here, @4400,

I want to share a few insights about downloading bank feed transactions into QuickBooks Desktop.

Before anything else, may I know what method are you using when downloading bank items? Is it through Direct Connect or Web Connect? This information will help us narrow things down.

If you're manually uploading your bank activity, make sure you're using a supported (.QBO) file. QuickBooks will auto-create an account if QuickBooks cannot detect the bank set up or the file you're uploading.

To correct duplicate accounts, you can merge them. Perform these steps:

1. Go to the Lists menu then pick Chart of Accounts.
  2. Remember the name of the account you want to keep.
  3. Right-click the name of the account to merge, then tap Edit Account.
  4. Update the account name with the one you took note of.
  5. Hit Save & Close.
  6. Click Yes to confirm the action. If you get the "You cannot merge an account that has online information associated with it into another account" prompt, deactivate your online banking account.

Please update me on how it goes, @4400. I'll be on a stand by for your response. Have a good one!