cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable
Solved

Quickbooks starts and runs well but will not shut down. The screen freezes and goes grey blank.

Quickbooks desktop freezes on exiting.

Best answer 03-11-2019 06:12 PM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Top of the morning to you, ian2pitt3. I'm here to help g...

Top of the morning to you, ian2pitt3.

I'm here to help get the QuickBooks program back up and running.

We can download and run the QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool. This tool is designed to automatically identify and fix issues with .NET Framework, C++, and MSXML, and component related issues which cause the program to freeze.

I've found an article with detailed steps along with several recommendations you can try: QuickBooks Desktop won't open, has stopped working, or not responding

If you need help with the steps or if you have any more questions, please let me know.

5 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Top of the morning to you, ian2pitt3. I'm here to help g...

Top of the morning to you, ian2pitt3.

I'm here to help get the QuickBooks program back up and running.

We can download and run the QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool. This tool is designed to automatically identify and fix issues with .NET Framework, C++, and MSXML, and component related issues which cause the program to freeze.

I've found an article with detailed steps along with several recommendations you can try: QuickBooks Desktop won't open, has stopped working, or not responding

If you need help with the steps or if you have any more questions, please let me know.

The diagnostic tool does not fix this problem.

The diagnostic tool does not fix this problem.  
AV

Leave it alone -- it is doing updates -- for 10m or 30 m...

Leave it alone -- it is doing updates -- for 10m or 30 m or even hours. Next time it will be quick.
Experienced Member

Re: Leave it alone -- it is doing updates -- for 10m or 30 m...

The fix did not fix my "freezing on exit" problem .... even after waiting a few hours.

QuickBooks Team

Re: Leave it alone -- it is doing updates -- for 10m or 30 m...

Hi there, 

If the above steps didn't help to resolve your issue, please feel free to reach out to the Desktop phone support team at 877-772-9158. The team is available 24/7, so you can call whenever it's convenient for you. 

Cheers!