cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Contributor *

Reconciliation is off and "no data available" is all that shows up

I had reconciled my primary bank account for December 2018 back in the first week of January.  Then I tried to reconcile January, but couldn't because there were errors that added up to about $2500.  They were things that were deleted back in January that impacted December.  So, I re entered the two transactions that it showed, thinking everything would be fine.  But, now I'm still -$500 and something off and when I click on "we can help you fix it", all I get is "no data available" .  When I look at November's ending balance on the reconciliation, it's correct, and then suddenly that starting balance for December is -$500. I don't use QBO on a browser, so that's not the issue.  I un-reconcilied December, but cannot trace down the problem. I've looked through the audit history, added up transactions that I though might be the issue, gone through my bank records with a fine tooth comb, but can't find anything that is or adds up to this amount.  I really can't find the problem, and now I can't reconcile December or January.  Any ideas?

6 Comments
Community Contributor *

Re: Reconciliation is off and "no data available" is all that shows up

If I do go through the reconcile process for December, my ending balance is still off that same -$500. 

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, Alpine.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I want to help you with your concern about reconciliation.

Let's try performing some basic troubleshooting steps to better isolate this issue. Try using a private window to see if you'll get the same error message.

If it works, I recommend clearing your browser's cache. Once done, you can restart your browser.

You mat also want to check out this article that outlines a detailed information on how to resolve reconciliation differences.

As always, you can reach out to our Care Support Team if you need more help in doing this. Here's how reach them:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
  2. Select Help at the top right.
  3. Select Contact Us to connect with a live agent.
  4. Enter your concern.
  5. Click the Green Phone button to get the phone number.

Please let me know how it goes or if there's anything else you need, I want to make sure you're taken care of. 

Community Contributor *

That doesn't work.  

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for the prompt response, @Alpine.

I’ve checked this on our end and found out that it is reported as an ongoing issue. We've escalated this to our engineers, and they are looking for a permanent fix for the unexpected behavior.

When reconciliation is off and you click on the link to resolve the discrepancy, the report shows No data available. While we don’t have a current workaround, please give our Customer Care Team a call to add your account to the list of affected users.

Here’s how to contact QuickBooks Support:
1.    Sign in to your QBO account.
2.    Go to Help at the top right.
3.    Click Contact Us to connect with a live agent.

Please have our representative link your case number to INV-22891. An email will be sent to you once an update is received. 

We thank you for your patience as we work through this. Please let us know how the call goes and if you need anything else, I'll be here to help you out. Thanks for coming to the Community, and take care!

Community Contributor *

Any idea of a solution time frame?  Being out of balance on 3 months now is getting to be a headache.  

QuickBooks Team

Hi, Alpine.

Allow me to step in and provide a little information regarding the reconciliation issue.

I would like to inform you that this is already been escalated to our engineering team and at work on a solution. For now, I don't have a specific time frame as to when and how this will be mediated upon, rest assured are looking into it. However, as more information becomes available, I'll be sure to let you know the root.

I'll be sure to submit feedback on your behalf and will keep you updated every now and then until we've completely resolved the issue.

Additionally, if you need to discuss sensitive information, you may want to call in to speak with an agent so they can review any of your open cases.

To reach us, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online Company.
  2. Click (?) Help at the upper right corner.
  3. At the bottom, click on Contact us.
  4. Type in your concern then hit Continue.

I appreciate your patience. Keep me posted if there's anything else you need. Have a good one.