cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Unable to link Vancity Credit Union Bank Account

My business bank account had been operational for several months and my credit union must have changed their login security.  I used to login on the personal tab to my business account.  When I tried to do that today, I got a message saying that you cannot login to a business account through the personal tab.  So I had to click on the business tab before logging in, which worked.  I wonder if that change broke the link from QBO to my bank account.  I tried to edit my login information, but it took me to this page:

QBO.JPG

When I click on "Find your bank", nothing happens.  So I'm stuck.  Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Unable to link Vancity Credit Union Bank Account

Good day, @clarkster.

This error message typically comes up when the entered credentials are invalid. Since the bank recently updated their login security, I recommend accessing the account using your FI’s website. 

Once you’re logged in, wait for about 20 minutes and return to QuickBooks to update the credentials. For more information about the process, check out this article: Update your bank account sign-in information.

If you continue to get the same result, please give our Customer Care Team a call for assistance in verifying the root cause of the problem. 

They have the necessary tools capable of checking your account in a secure environment and answering any questions you may have. Here’s how to get in touch with phone support:

1. Sign in to your QBO account.
  2. Go to Help at the top right.
  3. Click Contact Us to connect with a live agent.
  4. Enter Phone support on the How can we help? field.
  5. Select Get a callback on the Ways we can connect section.
  6. Fill out the Phone number, First name and Last name, and Email address fields.
  7. Hit Call me.

Check out the following articles for other troubleshooting steps to fix online banking:

That should get you pointed in the right direction. 

Let me know how this goes. I’m always here to help should you need anything else. Have a good one!