cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member
Solved

Undeposited Funds - AR Payments Not Showing Up

As I was reconciling our grants and our bank statements, I discovered some deposits that had not been entered correctly. To correct the A/R receipts I had to delete a couple of the deposits. But this did not restore the amounts to the Undeposited Funds. I also had an A/R receipt that just did not show up in the Undeposited Funds. So these three deposits do not appear in our bank account in QuickBooks and I can't find a way to get them into the bank account. Can you please tell me how to get these deposits into the bank accounts? I have reconciled the Accounts Receivable and Grant Income accounts and they are correct. It's just the bank accounts that are missing the deposits. 

Best answer 03-22-2019 05:15 PM

Accepted Solutions
Experienced Member

Re: Undeposited Funds - AR Payments Not Showing Up

Each of these receipts are the same amount. I downloaded all of the deposits and payments from the Undeposited Funds to Excel with this amount and the total is 0. But when I look at this fiscal year, it does not balance. So this means that some of the deposits have been posted to the previous fiscal year even though the actual receipts came in this fiscal year. (Did I mention that I'm doing clean up of the books?)  So I think I just need to change the dates on 2 of the deposits to this fiscal year.  Thank you for your replies. I appreciate it. 

5 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

Deleting a deposit only returns to Undeposited Funds those items that came from Undeposited Funds to begin with.  Manual entries in a deposit or added from a bank feed will disappear.

Since the items did not return to UF when you deleted the deposit that means they were not there to start. Unless you are dealing with just cash your bank website and local branch will have pictures of all checks in a deposit

Experienced Member

I had to delete the deposit from Undeposited Funds before I could change the AR Payments, so I know they had been cleared from Undeposited Funds. I now need a way to get these funds to the bank account. 

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, EThomasHIHAF.

Thanks for providing additional information. I want to make sure this is taken care of. 

If you wish to get those funds to the correct bank, you can create a deposit using the Make Deposit option in QuickBooks Desktop.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Banking menu.
  2. Select Make Deposits.
  3. In the Payments to Deposit window, click to select the payments you wish to deposit.
  4. Click Ok.
  5. In the Make Deposits window, click the Deposit To drop-down and select the first bank account.
  6. Enter a line then click the From Account drop-down and choose the second bank account.
  7. In the Amount column, enter a negative amount equal to the amount you want to deposit to the second account.
  8. Click Save & Close.

I've got you an article to know more about how bank deposit works in QuickBooks Desktop: Make Deposit.

That should do it. Don't hesitate to visit us again if you have additional questions with making deposits. I'm always here to help.

Experienced Member

The problem is that these deposits are not in the Payments to Deposit window. Even the the AR Payment looks like it put it in the Undeposited Funds, it doesn't show up in the Payments to Deposit window. That's why I can't get them in the bank account.  

Experienced Member

Each of these receipts are the same amount. I downloaded all of the deposits and payments from the Undeposited Funds to Excel with this amount and the total is 0. But when I look at this fiscal year, it does not balance. So this means that some of the deposits have been posted to the previous fiscal year even though the actual receipts came in this fiscal year. (Did I mention that I'm doing clean up of the books?)  So I think I just need to change the dates on 2 of the deposits to this fiscal year.  Thank you for your replies. I appreciate it.