cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

WebConnect file is importing purchases as payments and vice versa

Hi there!

We have tried a few searches to see if anyone else is having this issue, but have not found a thread that relates.

We have a credit card statement in a .qbo WebConnect file, but when imported into the credit card account in QuickBooks Desktop 2017, it is importing the purchases as payments to the card, and the payments as purchases (see image attached). I'm sure this is a simple issue of the '-' symbol being read incorrectly, but is there a way to fix it? 

In addition to searching online, we have tried:

1. Opening the .qbo file as a .csv, but it's a long string of data, not something one can go through and edit to fix. 
  2. Downloading the .qbo file as a 'credit line' file (this reverses which are the negatives and positives), but the QuickBooks bank feed won't upload it (we get an error, understandably so).

Any help would greatly appreciated as we have a year's worth of statements to get through!

Thanks!

Tara

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: WebConnect file is importing purchases as payments and vice versa

Hi there, TaraW.

Thanks for sharing a great amount of details with what's happening when importing your Web Connect file.  

I checked our list of open alerts and I can't also see similar open cases. I would suggest reaching out to our phone support so they can take a look at the issue and help you further with this. Here's how:

1. Open this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_CA/contact.
  2. Select QuickBooks Desktop.
  3. Click Contact QuickBooks Desktop support. 

Visit us again in the Community if you have other questions.