cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

When trying to resolve a "beg bal" discrepancy, it says to recreate any deleted trans. When I do that, it doesn't remove it from the alert list!

When i do fix an item in the alert list, that just puts it back in my register where it was a problem in the first place!  So am i to understand that I cannot edit nor delete a reconciled item? EVER?
1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: When trying to resolve a "beg bal" discrepancy, it says to recreate any deleted trans. When I...

You have the option to modify a reconciled entry, Deirdre Heinrich.

If you're trying to edit a reconciled transaction, you'd have to change its status to unreconciled (blank) first. For the deleted ones, make sure to put a reconciled status after recreating them to fix the discrepancy.

Here's how:

1. Click Accounting on the left panel.
  2. Select Chart of Accounts.
  3. Open the account which contains the transaction you need to edit/recreate.
  4. Select the status (checkmark) column in line with the transaction until is marked reconciled (R) (this is for the recreated entries). To those you need to edit, select the status column until it is blank. Then, edit the entry and select the status column again to put the reconciled (R) status back.
  5. Click Save.

Once done, go back to the Reconcile page to check if there's no alert. I've got these articles which can help you more with the reconciliation:

Just leave a reply if you need more help with this.