cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scorcho
Level 1

bank connection

After a year using Quickbooks it is now saying that my banking password is incorrect.  After 50 attempts I changed the password and tried again.  Another 50 attempts Still nothing. 

This is message I get; 

That sign-in info didn’t work.

Sign in to the Mountain America CU site. Then return here and try connecting again. (103)

My sign in to Mountain America works every time.  I know that the 103 code is for a message on my account, but there is nothing there, I have been working at this for 26 days. 

1 Comment 1
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

bank connection

Thanks for bringing this concern to my attention, @Scorcho.

I'm here to help share some information on how you can get past the banking error 103 that you received so you can get back to business.

Banking error 103 means that your banking credentials in QuickBooks Online don’t match what your Financial Institution has on file. If you have an existing connection and you recently changed your banking credentials on your bank's website, be sure to enter your username and password directly instead of allowing the browser to auto-fill your login credentials.

Here's how:

1. From the left menu, select Banking, and choose Banking.
  2. Locate the card for the account that generated Error 103.
  3. Select the pencil icon.
  4. Select Edit sign-in info.
  5. Enter your new credentials and select Update.

If this is a new bank connection with QuickBooks Online, make sure to select the right bank and enter your banking credentials correctly.

To do that:

1. From the left menu, select Banking.
  2. On the Banking page, select Add Account.
  3. In the Search field, enter the bank's URL (example: http://www.chase.com).
  4. Select your bank. If you see multiple options, you may have to repeat these steps to find the correct one.
  5. Enter your User or Login ID and password for the financial institution's website and select Continue.
  6. If you receive Error 103 again, select Go back, and repeat these steps, selecting a different bank name from the list.

Also, here's a good reference that you can check out about fixing banking errors in QuickBooks Online: What to do if bank transactions won’t download.

However, if the issue persists after trying these steps, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have additional tools like the remote viewing session that can help verify what's causing the issue.

These resources should get you back on track.

Keep me posted how it goes by leaving a reply below. I'll be around if you need further assistance with banking errors or any QuickBooks related things. Wishing you well.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us