cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

bank transactions

I am new to QBO, as the bookkeeper. I uploaded the bank transactions for one of the bank accounts for my client. The big box for that account is selected at the top, and is blue. It also shows on the dropdown as "selected". It seems that I am working in that bank account with the uploaded transactions.

However, when I try to add some of the transactions, it tells me that I need to  Select a bank account for this deposit.

I have watched several videos, and they just click and it adds the transaction without the error. What am I doing wrong?????

Kim Grayson

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: bank transactions

Good to see you here in the Community, petevcsr.

Allow me to provide some information about uploading bank transactions in QuickBooks Online.

You're actually on the right track. Every time you upload bank transactions in QuickBooks, it will always ask to Select an account before you can successfully import your bank transactions. 

This is to make sure your transactions post correctly to your company file and to a corresponding account in QuickBooks Online.

z.PNG

You can do the manual update if you want to bring in transactions without selecting again another bank.

Here's how:

1. On the left navigation menu, click Banking.
  2. On the Banking page, select Update.
  3. QuickBooks begins updating your account.

You may find these articles helpful:

Should you need more information about uploading bank transactions in QuickBooks Online, please let me know. I'm here to help.