cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

edit transaction detail in downloaded credit card expenses

How can I add the "downloaded as" description from the bank feeds credit card register to my actual credit card account register? Currently once I categorize and approve the credit card expense in bank feeds, the only information that carries over to my register is the date, amount, account and the "bank memo" which doesn't identify the actual vendor. The "downloaded as" column in the bank feeds center contains the vendor information that I want, but I can't figure out how to get it into the credit card register. Thanks!

Best answer 03-19-2019 10:18 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: edit transaction detail in downloaded credit card expenses

Thanks for visiting the Community, @mollym.

I’m here to share some insight about your downloaded transactions in QuickBooks Desktop.

Once the downloaded transactions are accepted and added from the bank feeds to your register, the information that QuickBooks would carry over are Date, Amount, Account and Bank Memo only. Currently, the option to move the Downloaded As column is unavailable.

In the meantime, you have to open the transaction one at a time and manually enter the description. You can use the Simple find feature to do a quick search of the most common transactions types like Invoice, Sales Receipt, Credit Memo, and Check.

Let me show you how:

1. Go to the Edit menu and choose Find.
  2. Select the Simple tab and click the Transaction Type drop-down.
  3. Choose the transaction type you want to search.
  4. Fill in the fields that appear and click Find.
  5. Click the transaction you want to see and hit the Go To button.
  6. Once the transaction opens, enter the description on the Description column.
  7. Hit Save & Close.

Check out this article about downloaded transactions for future reference: Download Bank Feed transactions.

That should do it. Reach out to me if you need further assistance by posting a comment below. Take care and cheering you to continued success!

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for visiting the Community, @mollym.

I’m here to share some insight about your downloaded transactions in QuickBooks Desktop.

Once the downloaded transactions are accepted and added from the bank feeds to your register, the information that QuickBooks would carry over are Date, Amount, Account and Bank Memo only. Currently, the option to move the Downloaded As column is unavailable.

In the meantime, you have to open the transaction one at a time and manually enter the description. You can use the Simple find feature to do a quick search of the most common transactions types like Invoice, Sales Receipt, Credit Memo, and Check.

Let me show you how:

1. Go to the Edit menu and choose Find.
  2. Select the Simple tab and click the Transaction Type drop-down.
  3. Choose the transaction type you want to search.
  4. Fill in the fields that appear and click Find.
  5. Click the transaction you want to see and hit the Go To button.
  6. Once the transaction opens, enter the description on the Description column.
  7. Hit Save & Close.

Check out this article about downloaded transactions for future reference: Download Bank Feed transactions.

That should do it. Reach out to me if you need further assistance by posting a comment below. Take care and cheering you to continued success!

Experienced Member

Thank you! I hope this is on the list for future improvements that can be made to the bank feeds feature in QB Desktop. It would be very helpful to have a way to bring the vendor information into the register.