cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

qb crashes when I try to import a bank file.

QB shuts down every time I try to import a bank file from Zions.  It works fine with another company and the same bank.  This is a new company and I am not sure why the Bank Feed Wizard was not able to help.  I have tried to compare the two companies and what it says in the Edit account for Bank Feed, but something is still wrong.   The only difference I notice is that in my new client in the Account Company ID field, it runs out of numbers to have both my user id (20 characters) and the business ID number. 

I have spent hours on this and have only confirmed it is an issue with this particular client, not with my QB version or the bank.  

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: qb crashes when I try to import a bank file.

Let's perform some steps and make sure you'll be able to import bank file from your bank, sjlk.

It could be that your bank account is damaged. Let's create a dummy account and merge it with the existing one. This is to refresh the account.

Before doing so, please make sure that you'll use the existing account's information in creating the dummy account to successfully merge them.

Here's how to create a dummy account: 

1. Go to Company and choose Chart of Accounts.
  2. Click the drop-down icon beside the Account button at the lower left corner.
  3. Choose the information the same with the existing account.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. A prompt will appear if you'll want to set up this to your bank feed, click No.

Then, let's go ahead and merge the dummy account and the existing one.

Here's how:

1. Right-click the dummy account you've created and choose EditAccount.
  2. Change the Account Name by entering the name of the existing bank account.
  3. Click Save & Close.
  4. A prompt message appears, click Yes.

Once done, you can update the bank information. Then, proceed in importing your bank files in QuickBooks. 

The Community team is always here to help you if you have further questions with QuickBooks. Just keep posting.