cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abides
Level 2

quickbook feeds

I'm having issues w/ bank and credit card feeds.

On one QBO account, my Chase credit card fee is not accurate; it is missing transactions that I clearly see on my credit card statement.  

And on another QBO account, my East West bank feed is not including transactions as well.

Both feeds had been working fine, but I'm not sure now how far back these feeds have been excluding all my transactions.

What can be done to fix this now moving forward, repair and capture any/all prior transactions missed, and ensure this doesn't happen again?  Why didn't I even get any notification re: the matter?

1 Comment 1
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

quickbook feeds

Hi there, @abides.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Allow me to help you find your missing bank transactions in QuickBooks Online so you can get back on track.

If it's your first time to connect your online bank and credit card accounts, QuickBooks Online automatically downloads the last 90 days of transactions. If you don’t see new transactions from your bank, we can try to check the transactions under the banking tab.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Banking tab.
  2. Select the blue tile at the top for the bank account you want to review.
  3. Start with the For Review tab. QuickBooks puts successfully downloaded transactions in the For Review tab. These are waiting to be categorized into an account. They won’t show up on reports until you do.
  4. Next, check the In QuickBooks tab. Once you’ve categorized them, downloaded transactions move to the In QuickBooks tab. The Added or Matched column tells you which account a transaction moved to.
  5. Check the Excluded tab.

Transactions you’ve marked as duplicates or personal go to the Excluded tab. These won’t be added to QuickBooks.

For complete details about this process, please check out this article: What to do if you can’t find downloaded bank transactions

However, if you need more than 90 days of transactions, you can export additional historical transactions from the bank and upload them into your QuickBooks company. To do that, please refer to the steps found in this article: How to upload more than 90 days of bank transactions. 

Also, here are some articles some helpful articles about fixing online banking issues for your future reference: Fix online banking errors in QuickBooks Online.

If the issue persists, I'd suggest reaching out to your financial institution. This is because QuickBooks is dependent on the information that was transferred from your bank.  

Keep me posted if you have any other questions with bank transactions in QuickBooks Online. I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as I can. Have a great week ahead.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us