cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

reconcile bank credt card with a credit amount balance.

I have over paid my credit card and now have a credit on next statement how do I enter it on the reconcile balance for the next month? Do I enter as -1.50? and when I do it does not balance out.

4 Comments
BRC
Established Community Backer ***

Re: reconcile bank credt card with a credit amount balance.

Yes, enter the statement balance, whatever it is, when reconciling.

If the reconcile doesn't balance then the activity doesn't yet agree with what is on the statement; that the ending balance is negative should not matter.

Experienced Member

It does not zero out then what?

QuickBooks Team

Hello, kisses21.

Discrepancies like this can be caused by some reconciliation adjustments or modifications from previously reconciled transactions. The following are the reports you can pull up to identify the discrepancy.

• Reconciliation Discrepancy Report
  • Missing Checks Report
  • Transaction Detail Report

Please refer to this article for more information about fixing reconciliation discrepancies: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Fix-Reconciliation-Discrepancies/m-p/201285/.

You can always visit us again anytime you have questions or you need assistance while working with QuickBooks.

BRC
Established Community Backer ***

@kisses21 

RE: It does not zero out then what?

Then either the opening balance, or the cleared debit or the cleared credits don't add up to the bank statement amounts - just like any other reconcile.