Highlighted
Community Leader
4 Comments
Community Manager
Re: Shifting Your Business Into the Future of Commerce

This is fascinating. It feels like things are changing so quickly everywhere at the moment, and you've captured how some of those are taking place with business.

Community Host

@cruberti we were just talking about this Smiley Happy Would love to hear more about what you're seeing in terms of changing customer behavior!

Community Explorer ***

I think everything Leslie said is totally true. I still haven't launched my product yet, so I think I'll learn more about these things as I progress. But one thing I think is true - people still value human connection which can help to keep them loyal. I love shopping at Sephora because their customer service is incredible. I've kept a strong client base at my day job because I put a strong focus on engagement and check-ins with clients. I'm not sure how I'll scale this type of engagement with my product-based business, but I'm already finding that people want to be a part of your story, they want to connect, and they want to engage. Instagram is a great platform for that. I have also seen unhappy customers use this as their place to air grievances, but on the flipside, it gives businesses an opportunity to rectify a bad situation quickly.

Community Host

@cruberti, you bring up such a great point about our basic desire for connection. For thousands of years storytelling has been the way we humans have created and reinforced social bonds, and now social media has made it easier for us to share our stories far and wide.  Instagram, Facebook, crowdfunding - all opportunities to invite customers to be a part of your business story.

And I love that you also look at social media as a platform for engaging with disappointed or unhappy customers. That really speaks to your authenticity as a business owner and a brand.