cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
SBSL-Founder-SJ
Level 4

Keep in mind .....

There is a clear intersection of economics ( finances/money ) , education ( lifelong learning/non credentialized ) , & entrepreneurship ( ownership ) as you develop your idea. The Gig Economy favors founders who have this kind of vision & it also rewards those who creatively disrupt tired/staid industries.
5 Comments 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind .....

Great point. Entrepreneurship is definitely a balance of all the above. I also think that it  is also about standing out in your community. Some industries in order to perform the business one must obtain credentials. 

However, entrepreneurship levels the playing field in a sense that even after obtaining one's credentials.... we still must hunt (find our tribe and build clientele) :) 

SBSL-Founder-SJ
Level 4

Keep in mind .....

Thank YOU so thoughtfully for your very + feedback below. Indeed - there are some limited industries where I would certainly be on the look-out for credentials alongside upbeat reviews online, etc ( western medicine comes to mind, inc. ancillary services like dentistry! ) ; same goes for engineering ( any genre - inc. civil )

@Anonymous wrote:

Great point. Entrepreneurship is definitely a balance of all the above. I also think that it  is also about standing out in your community. Some industries in order to perform the business one must obtain credentials. 

However, entrepreneurship levels the playing field in a sense that even after obtaining one's credentials.... we still must hunt (find our tribe and build clientele) :) 

WillowOlder
Level 5

Keep in mind .....

Great conversation @SBSL-Founder-SJ and @Anonymous. What steps do you think are most important for differentiating *your* businesses in a competitive field? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind .....

In order to remain competiive in my field I have found the following very critical 1) understanding your worth 2) providing quality services 3) establishing value pricing packages 4) communication- setiting the tone with my client is of upmost importance. I have found that when I allowed the client to lead I was at the beckon call. Sometimes with them not respecting my time. I had to reevaluate what I wanted and begin to implement the change slowly, it also help me weed out some clients as well.

SBSL-Founder-SJ
Level 4

Keep in mind .....

A competitive field = the 'red ocean' ( from the "Blue Ocean Strategy" ) -- I am not the best individual to answer, since I operate in a rather blue ocean myself. However, from those in my network whom I know well who are in fields like insurance, financial advising/planning, & real estate -- I've heard things like this: Prompt & courteous feedback/responses Niche yourself ( i.e., realtor who works with just veterans returning home, or about to deploy) Join a networking group which builds relationships and puts you as a spoke on the wheel of commerce in a given industry.

@WillowOlder wrote:

Great conversation @SBSL-Founder-SJ and @QcFinancial. What steps do you think are most important for differentiating *your* businesses in a competitive field? 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us