cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
allerbeck
Level 1

Can someone help me to record a BAC's payment into my account from Paymentsense for charges incurred from Elavon for cancelling my contract with them? New to QB. thanks

Solved
Best answer June 20, 2019

Accepted Solutions
FritzF

Can someone help me to record a BAC's payment into my account from Paymentsense for charges incurred from Elavon for cancelling my contract with them? New to QB. thanks

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @allerbeck.

You can deposit the payment with the expense account you used for charges incurred from Elavon.

Here's how:

1. Click the Plus (create) icon at the upper right.
2. Pick Bank Deposit under Other column.
3. Go to the Add funds to this deposit section.
3. On the Received From column, select the name where you get the payment from.
4. On the Account column, choose the expense account you used for charges.
5. Enter a Description and the Amount, then hit Save and close.

120.PNG

That should record the BAC's payment from Paymentsense. For future reference, consider checking out this article: What are Bank Deposits in QuickBooks?

Please let me know how it goes or should you have any follow-up questions. I'm always here to help. Have a good one!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FritzF

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @allerbeck.

You can deposit the payment with the expense account you used for charges incurred from Elavon.

Here's how:

1. Click the Plus (create) icon at the upper right.
2. Pick Bank Deposit under Other column.
3. Go to the Add funds to this deposit section.
3. On the Received From column, select the name where you get the payment from.
4. On the Account column, choose the expense account you used for charges.
5. Enter a Description and the Amount, then hit Save and close.

120.PNG

That should record the BAC's payment from Paymentsense. For future reference, consider checking out this article: What are Bank Deposits in QuickBooks?

Please let me know how it goes or should you have any follow-up questions. I'm always here to help. Have a good one!

allerbeck
Level 1

Thanks FritzF,

I did as you suggested and that worked fine, I matched it with the entry in banking, but it does not show up on my reconcillation at bank account, I am that amount over.  Can you help again, thanks

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @allerbeck.

Let's ensure that the deposit recorded will show up on your reconciliation bank account.

First, you need to check the posting account of the deposit. It's possible that the deposit was posted to the different or another bank account. 

If the deposit was posted to the correct account, you have to check the date of the deposit.

To easily check or open the deposit, you can access the Audit Log.

1. Click on the Gear icon.
  2. Select Audit Log.
  3. Select the Filter button.
  4. Use the fields on the Filter panel to choose the appropriate UserDate, or Eventsfilter to narrow the results.
  5. Select Apply.

In case you have any other QuickBooks concerns in the future, you can always check our self-help articles: Help articles for QBO.

Let me know if you have any other questions about deposits. I'll be right here to help you!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us