cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Filing VAT return error "the submission of this document has failed due to departmental specific business logic in the body tag"

I cannot process my VAT return online neither can I do it manually as I have already signed up to MDT.

Can anyone advise pls

15 REPLIES 15
QuickBooks Team

Re: Filing VAT return error "the submission of this document has failed due to departmental speci...

Hello

What period are you wanting to file?Can we just get you to check that the VAT registration number in the taxes and the edit vat section matches what is held with Hmrc and also that at Hmrc they are expecting a filing for the same date range as you have in QuickBooks, as we have a few rejections with MTD because of these not matching what Hmrc are expecting a filing for.

Thanks

Emma

Re: Filing VAT return error "the submission of this document has failed due to departmental speci...

I am filing the regular period which HMRC are expecting. My VAT is the same it always has been.

This morning I spoke to a representative on your helpline. She advised me to upgrade to 2019 version as the MTD doesnt work on 2018.

I have done this and I am still getting the same message

"the submission of this document has failed due to departmental specific ....

Pls Pls help, what do i need to do now?

QuickBooks Team

Hello,

Can you confirm you have received the confirmation email from HMRC to say you are all set up for MTD? Could you also please send a screenshot of the screen which asks if you would like to file through MTD, or file VAT?

Thanks,

Talia

Experienced Member

Hello Emma, I have exactly the same issue as "Kudos" - I was using desktop version 2016, 3 x users on different computers, registered for electronic filing with Hmrc, have the confirmation email, and tried to file vat to get the same agent type error message. I have spent the last 4 days trying to upload to q/books online without success, have now upgraded to trial 2019, still get the same message, have been submitting vat returns for many years, no mention of the mtd option when I file! All help and advice needed soonest Thanks  Richard

QuickBooks Team

Hello mbshack,

To confirm, now that you have upgraded to the 2019 trial, you do not get an option to file through MTD?

Thanks,

Talia

Experienced Member

Hello - no - no option to go through MTD - same screen as is on 2016 version for filing

Thanks

Richard

QuickBooks Team

Hello Richard,

Could you please press f2 on your keyboard whilst on your trial and let us know which release your trial is?

Thanks,

Talia

Experienced Member

Hello Talia,  trial version of Qbooks 2019 is release R1p - does this help -many thanks

QuickBooks Team

Hello,

Could you please send over a screenshot of the screen that appears after you select f2?

Thanks,

Talia

Experienced Member

Hello talia, have updated the qb 2019 files and now have R6P - have tried the vat filing again - no success - the upload page is still the same. Sorry for the problems  Richard

QuickBooks Team

Hello Richard,

Do you still not have an option for MTD? It's possible that this is due to the product not being an active subscription - as you are now using the most up to date version which includes the MTD update.

Thanks,

Talia

Experienced Member

Excuse my technophobe - how can I do this especially as the 2019 is delivberately set up on my laptop 'til we get running again?  Best  Richard

QuickBooks Team

Hello Richard,

You will need to subscribe to the Desktop product - if you do not have an active subscription, please contact our sales team through 0808 168 9533 to set this up.

Thanks,

Talia

Experienced Member

Hello Talia, sorry no  Best  Richard

Experienced Member

Hello, we have found a solution pro tem, I have bought qb online and have used the Vat submission form in that package. I am now waiting for the data migration team to convert my data to the new system and will see what that is like!!