cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
mailatwendykavan
Level 1

How can I match a bill to a purchase order when they have not been matched when bill posted?

3 REPLIES 3
EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

How can I match a bill to a purchase order when they have not been matched when bill posted?

Hello Mailatwendykavan

Welcome tot he Community,

Can we just confirm did you use the copy to bill function on the top right of the purchase order?Or have you created the purchase order and then created a bill separately?

Thanks

Emma

SarahJ1179
Level 1

Hi, I am interested in this, as I have been tasked with matching invoices received to purchase orders within QB Online.  The invoices are predominately showing as paid, with the purchase orders showing as open / partially linked, so I would be grateful if you could advise if this is possible within the system.

If you could please advise I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Sarah 

GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

Hi Sarah, thanks for joining this thread. To add a purchase order to a new or existing expense, bill, or cheque, follow these steps after your supplier accepts the purchase order:

1. Select + New (or open the existing Expense, Bill, or Cheque)
2. Select Expense, Bill, or Cheque.
3. From the Payee ▼ dropdown, select the supplier. This opens a window with their open purchase orders.
4. Select Add for the correct purchase order. This adds the items from the purchase order. They appear in the Item details section.
5. Optional: If you plan to bill a customer for a specific item, select the Billable checkbox. Then add the customer you plan to bill in the Customer column.
Select Save and close.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us