cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
NeilC1
Level 2

I am trying to add Gocardless into QB. When it starts the connection it asks for the Sanbox or Prod URL. Where do I find this information?

8 REPLIES 8
Rose-A

I am trying to add Gocardless into QB. When it starts the connection it asks for the Sanbox or Prod URL. Where do I find this information?

Hi, NeilC1.

You've come to the right place for help with QuickBooks. Let's get your GoCardless added into QuickBooks Online.

When adding GoCardless into QuickBooks, this should not ask for Sandbox or Prod URL. Let's run some basic troubleshooting steps to isolate the problem. We can start by accessing QuickBooks Online in a private browser. This usually resolves any browser-related issues.

Here's how to open a private window in different browsers:

• Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N.
  • Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P.
  • Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P.
  • Safari: press Command + Shift + N.

After that, let's try to add your GoCardless again by following the steps below.

1. Select Get app now.
  2. On the authorisation page, choose Connect.
  3. Enter the credentials for your GoCardless account, then select Connect account.

For detailed steps and instruction, check out this recommended article: GoCardless Welcome Guide.

Also, you may find this article helpful: 

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-do-I-clear-my-browser-cache-and-temporar....

For additional help, feel free to reach out to our QuickBooks Online Support.

Keep me posted if anything may arise while adding your GoCardless. I'll be right here to lend you a hand.

NeilR1
Level 1

Hi, I've been having the same issue, but even when using a private browser session.

Please advise.

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello NeilR1,

Which browser are you using?

Thanks,

Talia

NeilR1
Level 1

Chrome.

I've cleared the browser and cache, and used a private session. Still no luck.

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Please could you send a screenshot of the page which asks for this information? Cut out any confidential information if needed.

Thanks,

Talia

NeilR1
Level 1

Hi Talia,

Here it is.

Thanks.

EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

Hello NeilR1

Thanks for the screenshot

We have had another report of the QuickBooks Online Go Cardless app linking to the Sanbox which is the testing account rather than the live one.

There has been an investigation raised with our engineers. We will add your company to the escalation and as soon as this has been fixed (there must have been a change to the url at Go Cardless side) we will email you from the case.

Emma

EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

Hello NeilR1

Just regarding the case on the post above we have been unable to find the email linked to your Community account (unfortunately we can not ask you to post it here as it will get redacted with this being a public forum)

Do you have Facebook or Twitter?Could you Private message QuickBooks UK with your email and just that it is in reference to the Go Cardless issue?

Thank you

Emma

Need to get in touch?

Contact us