cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
js20
Level 1

I don't think its possible at the moment, but I'll ask anyway. Is it possible to enter a delivery note against a purchase order?

5 REPLIES 5
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

I don't think its possible at the moment, but I'll ask anyway. Is it possible to enter a delivery note against a purchase order?

Hello js20,

Welcome to the Community - thank you for your question!

There is no way to create a delivery note against a purchase order. Please use the feedback tool under the cog wheel to suggest this feature to the developers. They will then look into implementing this in future updates if possible.

Thanks,

Talia

js20
Level 1

Sorry I think you have misunderstood. I do not want to create a delivery note against a purchase order. I want to receive the delivery against the purchase order, as you could do on QuickBooks Pro.

So for instance, if I have ordered 50 terminals but only 30 have been delivered, I want to be able to see that I'm still waiting on the other 20.

John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi js20

When you create the PO, select copy to bill and amend the quantity to the amount you actually received, 30 and then save. When you refer back to the PO it will still show the full quantity you ordered however it will show a linked transaction, the bill. If you then receive the remainder of the PO, select copy to bill and the bill will then populate with the remaining quantity, 20.

js20
Level 1

On QB pro, You would raise a PO, then you would receive the delivery against the po, then you would enter the bill against the received delivery note. 

On the online version it seems that you can only enter an invoice directly against the the po. 

vpcontroller
Level 11

@js20 

You're right! 

ITEM RECEIPT against the PO feature as available in QB Desktop is NOT AVAILABLE in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

It's another one less feature available in QBO than QBDT.

item_receipt.PNG

Need to get in touch?

Contact us