cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
tylogistics.co.u
Level 1

I made a payment to a vendor, but it was returned due to bank account closed, how do I show this on QBs and resend payment to the correct account?

1 REPLY 1
EdwardR
QuickBooks Team

I made a payment to a vendor, but it was returned due to bank account closed, how do I show this on QBs and resend payment to the correct account?

Thanks for contacting us here on Community.

If the transaction is being treated as a refund in terms of how this appears in the accounts you could try following the steps below to reflect this in your accounts.

Supplier Refund

1. Go to the '+' icon then select Supplier Credit.
  2. Choose the correct date, Supplier and amount with the VAT.
  3. Next go to the '+' icon and create a Bank Deposit, this is for the account (Bank) the refund has gone into.
  4. Select the amount, date and supplier on the deposit. Making sure the line item is for the Creditors account making sure to choose NO VAT.
  5. Now go to the supplier the refund is from and create a dummy bill. Save the bill and select pay bill.
  6. Now link the Supplier Credit with the Bank Deposit, once this step has been done remove the dummy bill.

We would suggest checking with your accountant as the best way to reflect this in your account if you are unsure if this work for you, please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us