cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
tim19
Level 4

Is there a way to set the default text of the Remittance Advice email? I know you can edit it each time, but other forms allow you to change the default.

Solved
Best answer April 23, 2019

Accepted Solutions
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Is there a way to set the default text of the Remittance Advice email? I know you can edit it each time, but other forms allow you to change the default.

Hello tim19,

Welcome to the Community - thank you for your question!

There is no way to set a default message for a remittance advice. This will need to be edited each time. Please use the feedback option under your cog wheel to submit this as a suggestion to the developers - they will look into implementing this in future updates if possible.

There is the option to download the remittance as a pdf and save to your computer and then attach to your own email and send that way so you can add your own text as an alternative

Thanks,

Talia

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello tim19,

Welcome to the Community - thank you for your question!

There is no way to set a default message for a remittance advice. This will need to be edited each time. Please use the feedback option under your cog wheel to submit this as a suggestion to the developers - they will look into implementing this in future updates if possible.

There is the option to download the remittance as a pdf and save to your computer and then attach to your own email and send that way so you can add your own text as an alternative

Thanks,

Talia

ShopAdmin
Level 5

wow....a year later and this still had not been address - a simple update and everybody would be happy - but it just sums up Quickbooks "can't be bothered attitude"

I would not mind if the "locked text" was written in a professional manner but having to delete the "Have a great day," is totally pathetic and make the system worthless.

Please find our remittance advice attached to this email.
Payment has been made today
Thank you.
Have a great day,
tim19
Level 4

I just print to PDF and send using my normal email program. The Quickbooks emailing system has been very unreliable for me, sometimes it fails to send the email and you don't find out for several days, so I don't use it any more.

ShopAdmin
Level 5

I am so glad you brought up the email issue.....I had raised that with QBO and they just blamed my mail provider and said it was not them.    

It seems just a shame that something so simple cannot be done in the system.....it is like the Sales Receipts - you cannot edit them.....but your can the Sales Invoices... ?????

They need to update their TV adverts from "saving time" to "wasting time"

We have decided to move to to Dynamics - a little more money - but it works and does what we need !!!!!!!

ShopAdmin
Level 5

Anybody at SlowBooks decided to update this and all other emails so that their "customers" can use the system properly

Rowena
Level 1

Completely Agree. Please amend/delete the "Have a great day!" Message. It sounds so unprofessional.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us