cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Mark G1
Level 2

The attachments default folder seems to have changed. It used to default to the last folder I used but not anymore, any reason? can this be changed how it used to be?

Solved
Best answer May 27, 2019

Accepted Solutions
Mark G1
Level 2

The attachments default folder seems to have changed. It used to default to the last folder I used but not anymore, any reason? can this be changed how it used to be?

Looks like I may have solved it by simply doing a "Reset App Data"

Not working today but will give it a go tomorrow.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessT

Hello Mark!

If you're downloading attachments from QuickBooks Online, they will be saved to the download folder you set in your browser settings. You can check your browser’s downloads settings for that to change it.

If you’re referring to the folder where the uploaded attachments are saved, there isn’t a change to it. You can still see your files in the Attachments section in QuickBooks as shown in the screenshot.

If there's anything I can help about your folder or if you have more information to add, please let me know.

Mark G1
Level 2

Thanks for the response!  

The actual issue is this:  I have for nearly 2 years been scanning all our hand written customer job sheets to a folder on my pc named with the date of the day in question.  Therefore when I am entering sales receipts or invoices into quickbooks, I have clicked on the "add attachment" and selected the folder in question (ie the one with todays date name), opened the folder which would have all my scans in, select the required one, click open and it is now attached.  all good.

For the next sales receipt or invoice I would only have to select "add attachment" and QB would open that same days folder for me, (ie, it opens the last folder I used for that purpose) leaving me only to select the necessary file to attach- simple and easy as there may be as many as 20 or 30 files each day.

Now, since last week, when going through the above process, whenever I click on "Add attachment" my folder from "May 17" opens by default, so for each transaction I have to manually select the correct days folder.

I cannot work out what the significance of May 17 is and why it is only selecting that folder- this didnt use to happen and has increased the amount of clicks per transaction massively!

I am using the QB online App on a windows pc.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Mark G1
Level 2

Looks like I may have solved it by simply doing a "Reset App Data"

Not working today but will give it a go tomorrow.

JessT

Thank you for explaining the real scenario, Mark. Having to do fewer clicks is indeed a time-saver.

On the other hand, resetting the app data is also the thing that I would let you do for this scenario. If you got the same result, you can uninstall and re-install the QBO app.

Windows 10

1. Select the Start menu.
  2. Go to Settings, then select System.
  3. From the left pane, select Apps & features.
  4. Choose QuickBooks Windows app then select the Uninstall button.

Windows 8.1 and 7

1. Select the Start menu.
  2. Go to Control Panel then select Programs.
  3. Under Programs and Features, select Uninstall a program.
  4. Choose QuickBooks Windows app then select the Uninstall button.

You can get the installer through this page: https://intuit.me/2R1ZXU1.

I'm just around if you have other questions.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us