Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor *
Solved

Assigning Expenses To A Job In A Batch

Hi!

I have a client with YEARS of data in QB Desktop 2017.  They were previously tracking the homes they built with the Class feature, but have now set up the appropriate database using Customers: Jobs.

Rather than spend hours assigning the existing expenses to the new Jobs one-by-one - is there a way to assign them to a Job in a batch?

(I don"t mind paying for an additional tool,add in, or ProAdvisor to help - I just need to know if something like this exists.)

Thanks in advance!

Best answer 2 weeks ago

Accepted Solutions

Re: Assigning Expenses To A Job In A Batch

Hi there, @Pageflipme.

At this time, QuickBooks only has an option to manually assign a job to expense. I can see how this feature would be beneficial to your business, and rest assured, I'm taking note of your suggestion for future enhancements. Ideas provided by users, like yourself, can help our Product Developers when deciding to improve QuickBooks.

You can browse our different options for third-party apps from the Apps Center. It has all kinds of applications to choose from and see if one of them meet your needs.

This should get you pointed in the right direction. If you have any questions about QuickBooks Desktop, I'll be delighted to work with you to resolve them.

1 Comment

Re: Assigning Expenses To A Job In A Batch

Hi there, @Pageflipme.

At this time, QuickBooks only has an option to manually assign a job to expense. I can see how this feature would be beneficial to your business, and rest assured, I'm taking note of your suggestion for future enhancements. Ideas provided by users, like yourself, can help our Product Developers when deciding to improve QuickBooks.

You can browse our different options for third-party apps from the Apps Center. It has all kinds of applications to choose from and see if one of them meet your needs.

This should get you pointed in the right direction. If you have any questions about QuickBooks Desktop, I'll be delighted to work with you to resolve them.