cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Explorer *
Solved

Can I assign Tasks/To Do items to different users on QB Desktop Pro

Hello, We have Desktop Pro and about to set it up as multi-user.  

Is there a way to assign Tasks/To Do items in QB to different users?

Can an Admin see all the reminders/tasks/To Do items for all users?

Best answer 05-11-2019 04:19 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Can I assign Tasks/To Do items to different users on QB Desktop Pro

Tasks in QuickBooks are seen by all users, FMJS.

There's no option to assign a task, to do, or reminder to a specific user in QuickBooks. You can only assign it to a vendor, customer, or employee.

When the Admin creates a task, they can add in the details the name of the user who will be assigned to do it. Then, inform the user/s to open the reminder (clock) icon in the upper right-hand corner. This way, they can check all of the tasks created and see whether they have a task to complete or not.

Here's a list of the tasks you can perform in single or multi-user mode.

When you make a switch to multi-user, I'd suggest using the QuickBooks Messenger feature. This gives you an option to chat other users in the company file just in case you need them to do something.

Just let me know if you're about to switch over. I can help you with that as well. Enjoy your weekend.

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Tasks in QuickBooks are seen by all users, FMJS.

There's no option to assign a task, to do, or reminder to a specific user in QuickBooks. You can only assign it to a vendor, customer, or employee.

When the Admin creates a task, they can add in the details the name of the user who will be assigned to do it. Then, inform the user/s to open the reminder (clock) icon in the upper right-hand corner. This way, they can check all of the tasks created and see whether they have a task to complete or not.

Here's a list of the tasks you can perform in single or multi-user mode.

When you make a switch to multi-user, I'd suggest using the QuickBooks Messenger feature. This gives you an option to chat other users in the company file just in case you need them to do something.

Just let me know if you're about to switch over. I can help you with that as well. Enjoy your weekend.

Senior Explorer *

Thanks for giving me this information