Highlighted
Super Explorer **
13 Comments
Community Host
Re: E-commerce and integrations

Hello Leah (@LeahIlanah)

I've ever used Revel personally, but there are several e-commerce integrations that work seamlessly with QuickBooks Online (QuickBooks Desktop options are more limited).

I hate to send you link hunting, but there are articles that outline integration steps on the corresponding QuickBooks App pages for POS systems like PayPal. There are also apps like Webgility that can help you handle multiple e-commerce and POS channels. 

@DustinT wrote a nice article about unifying your e-commerce financials in QuickBooks that is worth checking out. 

Super Explorer **

Thank you, James!  I will look into this.

Community Host

Hey @LeahIlanah - welcome to QB Community! I'm glad you found @JamesOng's suggestions helpful Smiley Happy

I LOVE how you're combining accounting services with business coaching - such a fantastic service for your clients. 

Super Explorer **

Thank you.

I wish I had more time for the coaching part.

Established Community Backer ***

Hi Leah,

At my practice we have had an influx of ecommerce type business over the last year and it is forever expanding. We have had to learn quickly some of the ways to handle POS systems that integrate with QuickBooks Online directly and trying to find solutions to link together multiple selling channels such as eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Not On The High Street etc. 

If you would like some advice please do not hesitate to get in touch with me via private message. I am sure I would be able to help.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Super Explorer **

I would love to talk to you!!!! Thank You!

Community Backer **

Hey If you are looking for a free e-commerce order button for your ecommerce store do check out .This works seemlessly with Quickbooks and Quickbooks Payments

https://medium.com/@PayorCRM/integrate-your-website-sales-orders-with-quickbooks-the-easy-way-804efc444da0

Super Explorer **

Thank you Megan, I'll check it out. Do you work for them?

Super Contributor **

Hi,

As i understood from your requirement that you are looking up for Shopify POS which is no doubt a very best Online Platform to provide an interface to sell.Also since you have not finalized the QuickBooks Version i will recommend you to use QuickBooks Desktop as i think that would best suite your requirements because you need to properly account the sales as well Inventory too.I am not saying you should not chose Quickbooks Online but QuickBooks Desktop is quite matured product and will help you in getting lot of Management reports which will help you analyze the business flow.

Also when shopify POS starts getting you sales you need to account those sales in QuickBooks which again will require a software. There are multiple softwares available in the market like Webgility- Unify Desktop  , Atandra -T-Hub, Teaplix and so on but Webgility triumps here because of their support as they not only help you configuring the things but also provide support exceptionally.  I have seen shopify Integration with Webgility and they can automate all the processes (Order Downlods and Posting) using scheduler service which is awesome.But its you have to decide which way you need to go. I am hoping you might come up with many questions which i am happy to answer. Smiley Happy

Super Explorer **

Thank you Shahji,

that was a very thorough response. 

We moved forward and purchased QBD Premier. In addition to that, we looked into Fishbowl, which seems to be our favorite Inventory management platform so far. I still have to watch the Webgility-Unity videos, and maybe schedule a demo. 

For now, the business manager decided that we are just starting, and there are not too many sales, which we can handle by manually entering into QBD with the reports provided.

We'll have a separate inventory management system (translate Excel sheets) for the manufacturing part, but will be monitoring closely when it will be time to step up the game.

I would gratefully accept your offer to contact you if more questions arise.

Thank you so much for your response!!!

Leah

Super Contributor **

Hi Leah,

Anytime Smiley Happy

Warm Regards

Shahji

Community Host

Hey Leah (@LeahIlanah), 

I am really glad you and your team have found a method that works for you. I am sure @Shahji and @DustinT (also with Webgility) will agree that problem solving as much about finding "fit" as an actual "fix." 

Based on your volume, a manual entry method will work just fine. When you reach a sales volume that requires automation (we hope sooner rather than later), you know there are tools and help available here in the community!

Explore the QB Community > Home > Product Help > Talk about your business

Super Explorer **

Thank you, I will keep that on mind!