cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer *

Educational Material

I am about to start holding QBO workshops for a nonprofit organization. Does Intuit have any educational material they share with educators?  I am a Quickbooks online Proadvisor.

18 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Educational Material

Hey @Desarie - that's a great question! You might start with this Educators' Welcome Kit for QuickBooks Online.

What sort of educational nonprofit are you working with?

Frequent Explorer *

Hi @EmilyCowan I will be working with Score.   We offer free business mentoring and training.  

ProAdvisor

@EmilyCowan Very helpful link, thank you. Do you also have a separate link for the US only? The link goes to Canada (CA website).

Frequent Explorer *

@vpcontroller I noticed that as well.  I tried substituting the CA for US in the URL but that didn't work.  @EmilyCowan is there a US version?

Community Host

@Desarie,

Great to hear about your upcoming workshops, I always enjoy going to hands-on training sessions. 

Depending on what you're looking for, we just created a brand new online training hub for first-time QuickBooks Online users, this might be good supplemental material for your course:

Established Community Backer ***

@Desarie@vpcontroller - I haven't found anything yet that's specific to US. I'll keep digging!

Community Host

@Desarie,

There's also an Intuit Educational Hub that might be useful, particularly the Resource Center. Is these the kinds of materials you need?

Frequent Explorer *

@JamesOng Yes, this is what I am looking for.  Thank you.  @EmilyCowan Thank you.  

Community Host

Hey @Desarie

Glad we could help. What are your workshops focused on? Maybe we can find you some more resources...

Frequent Explorer *

@JamesOng my workshops will focus on training entrepreneurs to use QuickBooks online. I will also offer some training on how to read basic financial statements.   

Community Host

@Desarie, awesome, you'll get to work with some innately motivated learners. 

Send them this guide to help get them started: Setting up for Success in QuickBooks: Financial Reports and Reporting Features. It covers techniques to be proactive with your reporting. 

Frequent Explorer *

@JamesOng Thank you so much.  I really appreciate your help.  

Senior Explorer *

http://www.intuiteducationprogram.com/resources.php

Study Guides
To get to know the exam you can view a set of practice examples and exam questions.
QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online Study Guide
QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Desktop Study Guide

Recommended textbooks:

QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Desktop
Cambridge Business Publishers – Computerized Accounting with QuickBooks Online 2018
Cengage – QuickBooks Online for Accounting
Cengage – College Accounting a Career Approach
Labyrinth Learning – QuickBooks Online: Level 1
Labyrinth Learning – QuickBooks Online: Comprehensive
McGraw Hill – Computer Accounting with QuickBooks Online: A Cloud-Based Approach, 2nd Edition
– Features and Highlights: Online Learning Center
Paradigm – Computerized Accounting with QuickBooks Online 2017
Pearson – QuickBooks Online Plus: A Complete Course 2017

Community Host

@GrisMendez,

Thanks for these additional resources! They slipped my mind. What have you used in the past? 

Senior Explorer *

I have use McGraw Hill and Pearson for my Financial Accounting and QuickBooks class in College, the books were selected by the instructor. They are both very good and had a trial that I was able to use while taking the course.
Community Host

@GrisMendez, I am curious because you have an accounting background, by a rough estimate, how much did your accounting knowledge help you the first time you used QuickBooks?

I've seen individuals with widely varying degrees of pre-existing experience with accounting be successful in QuickBooks, it's hard for me to pinpoint how much is enough.  

Getting Started with QuickBooks Online

ProAdvisor

How odd, I recently asked the same question to my QuickBooks Account Manager and I was told that I am not allowed to offer a course where I teach other people about QuickBooks Online. Ironically we were working with the SCORE and the SBDC as well.

Not to bring up an old subject, but can someone help me with the official stance about offering training courses if you are not a part of the Intuit Writer Network?

Community Host

@ParkwayInc, agreed, let me see if I can get some clarity on this. I am sure @Desarie is not the only ProAdvisor who has offered workshops.