Highlighted
Community Explorer ***
14 Comments
Community Host
Re: Educational Material

Hey @Desarie - that's a great question! You might start with this Educators' Welcome Kit for QuickBooks Online.

What sort of educational nonprofit are you working with?

Community Explorer ***

Hi @EmilyCowan I will be working with Score.   We offer free business mentoring and training.  

Community Explorer ***

@EmilyCowan Very helpful link, thank you. Do you also have a separate link for the US only? The link goes to Canada (CA website).

Community Explorer ***

@vpcontroller I noticed that as well.  I tried substituting the CA for US in the URL but that didn't work.  @EmilyCowan is there a US version?

Community Host

@Desarie,

Great to hear about your upcoming workshops, I always enjoy going to hands-on training sessions. 

Depending on what you're looking for, we just created a brand new online training hub for first-time QuickBooks Online users, this might be good supplemental material for your course:

Community Host

@Desarie@vpcontroller - I haven't found anything yet that's specific to US. I'll keep digging!

Community Host

@Desarie,

There's also an Intuit Educational Hub that might be useful, particularly the Resource Center. Is these the kinds of materials you need?

Community Explorer ***

@JamesOng Yes, this is what I am looking for.  Thank you.  @EmilyCowan Thank you.  

Community Host

Hey @Desarie

Glad we could help. What are your workshops focused on? Maybe we can find you some more resources...

Community Explorer ***

@JamesOng my workshops will focus on training entrepreneurs to use QuickBooks online. I will also offer some training on how to read basic financial statements.   

Community Host

@Desarie, awesome, you'll get to work with some innately motivated learners. 

Send them this guide to help get them started: Setting up for Success in QuickBooks: Financial Reports and Reporting Features. It covers techniques to be proactive with your reporting. 

Community Explorer ***

@JamesOng Thank you so much.  I really appreciate your help.  

Community Explorer ***

http://www.intuiteducationprogram.com/resources.php

Study Guides
To get to know the exam you can view a set of practice examples and exam questions.
QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online Study Guide
QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Desktop Study Guide

Recommended textbooks:

QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Desktop
Cambridge Business Publishers – Computerized Accounting with QuickBooks Online 2018
Cengage – QuickBooks Online for Accounting
Cengage – College Accounting a Career Approach
Labyrinth Learning – QuickBooks Online: Level 1
Labyrinth Learning – QuickBooks Online: Comprehensive
McGraw Hill – Computer Accounting with QuickBooks Online: A Cloud-Based Approach, 2nd Edition
– Features and Highlights: Online Learning Center
Paradigm – Computerized Accounting with QuickBooks Online 2017
Pearson – QuickBooks Online Plus: A Complete Course 2017

Community Host

@GrisMendez,

Thanks for these additional resources! They slipped my mind. What have you used in the past?