cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Estimates

I would like a button that copies invoices into an estimate.

I know it seems backwards to most, but it would be useful in many situations for me.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Estimates

Welcome to the Community, simotors.

I can share some information about creating estimates and invoices in QuickBooks Desktop.

While converting an estimate to an invoice is possible, changing it back isn't currently available in QuickBooks Desktop. You will first need to create an estimate then convert into an invoice or, to sales order and then invoice.

Create an estimate:

1. From the QuickBooks Home screen or on the Customers menu, select Estimates / Create Estimates.
  2. On the Customer: Job drop-down, select a customer or customer job. If the customer or job is not on the list yet, you can click Add New.
  3. Fill in the relevant information at the top of the form like the Date and Estimate #.
  4. In the detail area, select the item(s) you propose to do or include as a sale.
    Note: When you select or add an item, the description and amount are automatically populated based on the description and unit cost entered when the item was set up. You can delete or modify this when creating Estimates.
  5. Select Save & Close.

Convert an estimate to an invoice:

1. In the Estimate screen, click Create Invoice.

Convert an estimate to a sales order:

1. In the Estimate screen, click Create Sales Order.

You can get more details in this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Income-and-expenses/Create-an-invoice-in-QuickBooks-Desktop/....

Should you have other concerns about estimates and invoices in QuickBooks Desktop please let me know. Have a good one.