cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Host

From Insights to Innovation: A Year in the Life of QuickBooks

Innovation lies at the heart of QuickBooks. Everything we do is designed to solve our customer’s problems and make their lives easier. Here are the highlights of the product innovations, improvements and developments that you may have noticed in the past 12 months.

Better bank feeds

We’ve improved the reliability and accuracy of connections for NatWest, RBS and HSBC Business banking customers, made sign ups easier and introduced direct bank feed for Lloyds customers.

More client/customer connections

Now accountants can invite their sole trader clients to work with them through QuickBooks Self Employed. That means less data entry, real-time collaboration and smarter insights all round.

QB Assistant goes live

Need some help? Just call on the new interactive addition to the QuickBooks family. Ready to help with all sorts of common queries, the QB Assistant is a time-saving efficient way to get more from QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Self Employed. Access through the app or turn it on in labs, simply by clicking the gear icon and then you'll see Quickbooks labs under settings on the left hand side.

Making Tax Digital made easy

Change can be challenging but we’re determined to make the move to digital tax as smooth as possible for our customers. We’ve set up an MTD resource centre with factsheets, videos and blogs to help you through the process and have been working with HMRC to make sure our product is fully compliant. In fact, we’ve already completed several VAT for MTD submissions.

MTD.JPG

Effortless progress invoicing

Now you can raise multiple invoices from a single estimate. Just give your customer a quote, then issue each invoice as you need it, one stage at a time.

By popular demand: invoice and bill importer

When our customers told us they wanted the option of adding their existing bills and invoices to their QuickBooks account we listened and made it possible to import them in a few simple steps.

Payroll progress
This year QuickBooks Payroll has been going from strength to strength. The impressive array of improvements, innovations and developments include:

• an Employee Details report that makes it easier to find information in one place, from tax codes to hourly rates
  • the option of adding the way your employee is paid to their payslip – bank transfer, cash, or cheque
  • reasons for filing information, taking the guesswork out of RTI submissions so you know what you need to submit to HMRC.

Revolutionised reports

Forget searching tabs, menus and click downs and see your reports on one page. You can save your settings and mark your favourites so they’re always at the top. And you’ll notice the accounting jargon has been replaced by more straightforward language. 

Projects

QuickBooks Plus users can now track their time and expenses on a job-by-job basis. The Projects feature gives business owners a clear view of their profits, helping them make smarter decisions that help them grow.

Gocardless Cafe.jpg

So what’s next?

As you’d expect, we’ve got plenty of plans for the next 12 months. With Making Tax Digital on the horizon we’ll be taking part in HMRC's public beta and looking forward to the official launch in April 2019. The introduction of Open Banking mean plenty of opportunities to solve ‘pain points’ for our customers – we’ll be talking to both small business owners and accountants and designing solutions to make the most of this new financial transparency. Other projects we’re already working on include:

• practice management tools in QuickBooks Online Accountant, including work templates and notifications
  • more improvements and enhancements to QuickBooks Payroll – we’ll be supporting multiple pay schedules and making it possible to email employee payslips in batches.
  • big plans for QB Assistant – watch this space

All of these exciting changes are made possible by our customers. At QuickBooks we never take your insights and loyalty for granted. Thank you for your continued support! 

9 REPLIES

Re: From Insights to Innovation: A Year in the Life of QuickBooks

Hey thanks for the 25% increase, going from £7.20 to £9.60 maybe you would like to put this extra money in making your mileage tracking app actually work....

After all my hard earned cash must be going somewhere?????

What say you?

one is example is I travelled from home to milton keynes yesterday but it only recorded the trip there and not the trip back.... so according to your app I must still be there.... but I'm not !!!!

Today i made a 30 mile round trip from home to Kidlington and it's not recorded anything,

every day i have to made adjustments equating to 50% of mileage travelled....

QuickBooks Team

Hi stuarts,

Thanks for contacting the Community.

We are always working to improve the service we provide and understand you may have experienced issues with the product, so we have created a help article that shows the improvements we have made and planned for the future. Please click here to read the help document.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with. Smiley Happy

Established Member

Invoices for self employed still disappointing. No way to add a title to each invoice, so I have to include it in the first item. Surely you can add this?

QuickBooks Team

Hi GeorgeC,

Thank you for your query and welcome to our QuickBooks Community page!

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed that there is no feature to add a title on the invoice in your QuickBooks Self Employed account what we can advise is for you to leave feedback to our developers as a suggestion to add this feature I have enclosed the link once you have added the suggestion other QB customers can vote on this feature and if the suggestion shows a lot of votes and interest them the QuickBooks developers will look at adding it as a future enhancement.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance and we will gladly help!

Kindest regards

Established Member

Hi KatieLou,

Thanks - I shall do that Smiley Happy I don't think a link was included though and unable to find the page myself. Could you possibly resend one? 

QuickBooks Team

Hi GeorgeC,

Thank you for your reply sorry about that I missed the feedback link off here it is: https://https://feedback.qbo.intuit.com/

Please let us know if you require any further information and we will gladly help.

Enjoy your day!

Kindest regards

Been using the service for a while and nothing has improved for me, despite all these "improvements". I did send a long list of things in that could be improved but none of it has been done. Product has been stagnant in my view for a while, my biggest gripe is that none of my transactions ever get categorised automatically even though rules have been setup.

With the email I've just received regarding the price increase I can no longer justify my subscription and will be looking to cancel it. There are plenty of other competitors out there, I'll see what else is on offer at a cheaper price.

Established Member

THIS LINK DOESN'T WORK!

QuickBooks Team

Hi ALCDP,

Thank you for your message and sorry to hear this we would be grateful if you could please advise which Link you are trying to access.

Hope you had a great weekend and from everyone here at QuickBooks we would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year for 2019!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards