cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

How can I add "Bill to" and "Job Location" to a custom report?

How can I add "Bill to" and "Job Location" to a custom report?

(Title has been edited by moderator for clarity)

Best answer 12-13-2017 12:11 PM

Accepted Solutions
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Custom Report

Thanks so much for this clarification, Mike. 

I believe that I have found just the report you're looking for. 

• First, please go to the Report tab > Customers & Receivables > Customer Contact List.
  • Select Customize Report
  • On this first Display tab, scroll down on the list and leave a check mark next to the applicable Bill To fields.
  • On the next Filters tab, you can filter the report by Customer Type (if that's how you set up the owner/builder distinction), and by the Customer:Job level. There are more options available, so you can scroll to through these lists if you'd like. 
  • Once you've changed the settings, click OK to run the customized report. 

Please let me know if this is what you're looking for or if there's anything else you may need. 

5 Comments

Hi MikeReale, 

I'd be happy to help uncover the report customization available to you. 

If you could please let me know if you're using QuickBooks Online or Quickbooks Desktop, I'll be able to provide a more accurate answer. It'd also be helpful to know which report you're trying to run, as the changes you can make vary with each report. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Experienced Member

Hello Alicia,

Thank you for responding to my question. I am using QB Pro 2017 desktop.
Here is what I am trying to accomplish.  I have a list of customers, who are residential home owners and builders.  The builsers are the ones that I need to pull job site information from, so that I can send letters to the buyers of these homes.  This information can be manually retrieve from invoices, but there are to many.  So, if I can just run a report, download to Excel to create a mailing list.
Looking for from hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Mike

Thanks so much for this clarification, Mike. 

I believe that I have found just the report you're looking for. 

• First, please go to the Report tab > Customers & Receivables > Customer Contact List.
  • Select Customize Report
  • On this first Display tab, scroll down on the list and leave a check mark next to the applicable Bill To fields.
  • On the next Filters tab, you can filter the report by Customer Type (if that's how you set up the owner/builder distinction), and by the Customer:Job level. There are more options available, so you can scroll to through these lists if you'd like. 
  • Once you've changed the settings, click OK to run the customized report. 

Please let me know if this is what you're looking for or if there's anything else you may need. 

Experienced Member

It's Works!!!!

Thanks so much!

Have a great weekend!

This is great news! I appreciate you following up with me. 

I hope you have a great weekend as well, Mike.