cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How do I customize my Dashboard with QBO?? Seems like a basic feature, but I can't seem to find a solution...

23 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

That is because there is little customization that you ca...

That is because there is little customization that you can do. You can edit the bank account window as to what shows but that is it

Not applicable

This seems crazy that it is not more flexible. They shoul...

This seems crazy that it is not more flexible. They should really allow us to place more tiles on the dashboard. I personally would love to see last year-to-date sales vs current year-to-date sales. Along with several other data points.
Not applicable

Yeah me to. I'd love to add accounts payable so I know ho...

Yeah me to. I'd love to add accounts payable so I know how much money is going out
Experienced Member

Agreed. To have this space be customized makes the most s...

Agreed. To have this space be customized makes the most sense based on how one runs their business.
Not applicable

Agree completely!

Agree completely!

Yep

Yep
Frequent Explorer *

Re: Yep

I want my dashboard to show my actuals vs my forecast on a linear graph...

QuickBooks Team

Re: How do I customize my Dashboard with QBO?? Seems like a basic feature, but I can't seem to fi...

Hello! These are all great suggestions. I see how customizing your dashboard to see the information you've described would be useful for business owners. Having a visual representation of various figures can help give a sense of the bigger picture.

The customization features at this time include adjusting and picking date ranges for the information you'd like to see. It's just a simple click of the downward facing arrow beside the current date range to change the period. The Bank accounts tile will also change depending on which accounts are connected via the Banking tab at any given time.

I'll let my team know your feedback about the Dashboard feature and the various customization options that you've mentioned here.

In the meantime, get an idea of how things are shaping up this year compared to last by running available reports. For instance, the Profit and Loss year-to-date comparison report allows you to take a look at data from two separate time periods.

I'll be here if you have more questions!

Re: How do I customize my Dashboard with QBO?? Seems like a basic feature, but I can't seem to find a solution...

I would love to see payment's received this week as we normally set our client's up on recurring payment plans. Is there an option to add a tile? 

QuickBooks Team

Re: How do I customize my Dashboard with QBO?? Seems like a basic feature, but I can't seem to find a solution...

Hi penelopeinfante,

That's another great tile idea. As I mentioned in my response above, there isn't an option right now to add or switch out the tiles. What you can change are the date ranges to see data from your preferred time period displayed each time you come to the dashboard.

Established Member

I would also like the ability to add a report to the dashboard.

As a landlord of an apartment complex, I would really like to be able to see the 3 main reports (P&L, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet) on my dashboard.

Viewing the P&L on my dashboard without my Cash Flow is only a partial picture of my business and can lead me into trouble if I don't monitor my Cash Flow.

My point is that the dashboard right now doesn't give me a useful picture of my business.

Your help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

QuickBooks Team

Re: How do I customize my Dashboard with QBO?? Seems like a basic feature, but I can't seem to fi...

Hello there, Jeff.

The Dashboard focuses on the information that could help you and your business track the money in and money out transactions. It will show you a quick overview of your business and its features.

Having an overview of the Cash Flow would be a big help to many business owners. I'll let our Engineering Team know that this is something that you need. Since the Dashboard isn't customizable, you can customize the reports and send them directly to your email to keep you updated. Check these articles on how to customize the reports:

Visit us again in the Community if you need anything else.

@AlexV while you are at it (conversing with engineering) put in a request to be able to view teh dashboard in Cash Basis rather than only Accrual. Most small business people around here file as cash basis and an accrual dashboard, while it may display A/R and A/P is otherwise of minimal usage.  (reports always have a toggle switch despite the default report view never , for me, matching my basis selection in company preferences)

Senior Explorer ***

I've seen no features added to QBO for years, and a single HSBC sync bug that involved adding a "birthday" parameter to logging in took them 6 months to fix.

I doubt we'll see any updates at all, even though almost all small businesses use Cash.

QuickBooks simply does not care what their customers desire. Try to get some help and you'll pull your hair out. Overseas phone "techs" cannot speak more than a few words of English . . . that is after you search for a phone number for a half hour, then wait on hold for 45 minutes, only to be told you need to call a different number. Then do it all over again. QuickBooks is ALL that describes the poor, uncaring service that big companies provide when . . . they get too big to care.

ProAdvisor

This was one of the TOP 10 Feature Requests in QuickBooks Online. Thousands of QBO users Voted and instead of doing something about it, they shut down the public open suggestion board.
https://feedback.qbo.intuit.com/forums/168199-quickbooks-online-feature-requests/suggestions/1745617...

Anyone who tells you Intuit do listen to your feedbacks, think again!

top10 feature requests.PNG

Senior Explorer ***

I've seen replies worded almost identically. Is this forum's QBO staff just all bots? Gonna assume a very-canned response below this triggered from the word "bots?" with a question mark after a random() period of time. @ Human: Please reply with the word 'blah' if you are not a bot when you reply.

Community Manager

Hello dylanh724,

Jumping in this thread to let you know that I've taken note of the feedback. I'll definitely pass along this to our engineers so they can take a closer look at this. Rest assure that we are working our best to provide better services to our customers. 

If there's anything that I can do, please don't hesitate to post them here. 

@vpcontroller wrote:

This was one of the TOP 10 Feature Requests in QuickBooks Online. Thousands of QBO users Voted and instead of doing something about it, they shut down the public open suggestion board.
https://feedback.qbo.intuit.com/forums/168199-quickbooks-online-feature-requests/suggestions/1745617...

Anyone who tells you Intuit do listen to your feedbacks, think again!

top10 feature requests.PNG

2, 3, and 8 have been implemented at least here in the US, although I doubt it was from customer feedback but simply an engineer finally thinking - hmmmm what happens if I do this

Experienced Member

I'd like to have a pane graphing sales of just one or two products (watch growth of new products)

Should be able to make almost any "report" a dashboard pane.

Experienced Member

Re: Yeah me to. I'd love to add accounts payable so I know ho...

I think the Accounts Payable is one I would like to see, not even as a customization but as a standard feature.  

Established Member

I am very disappointed to find that you can't customize the Dashboard in QB.  I should be able to add duplicates of the available Expenses/Profit & Loss/Sales widgets but with different date settings.  The type of widgets is also very limited.  QB really needs to work on this.

QuickBooks Team

I am taking note of your suggestion with the Dashboard, RobertJames.

We improve our product and services based on customer suggestions. I'd make sure to pass this suggestion along to our product engineers. This way, they can look into it and consider adding it to their future updates.

We'll keep working to improve your experience. Thank you for your suggestions. Please don't hesitate to post again if you need anything else.